Junk angel

Huh, sound?

166,880 XP

29th January 2007

0 Uploads

15,678 Posts

0 Threads

#21 10 years ago

The last mechwarrior game I play I think was mechcommander II, loved the bushwacker in there. By the way, did the IV download come live yet?

N88TR

Old school pimp

50 XP

10th February 2004

0 Uploads

9,921 Posts

0 Threads

#22 10 years ago

Maybe you guys know, maybe you don't but here's that video in HD, much higher resolution.

MechWarrior Video Game, Debut Trailer HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

MrFancypants Forum Administrator

The Bad

218,170 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,044 Posts

9 Threads

#23 10 years ago

I got Mech Commander Gold working on Vista now and damn this game is hard.

I just had to replay a mission where I prepared an assault on a base very carefully for at least one hour. Then everything went wrong in less than a minute.

Obviously it doesn't look very impressive nowadays, even less so than Mech Commander 2 and the controls are worse too but it is still fun.

N88TR;4947478Maybe you guys know, maybe you don't but here's that video in HD, much higher resolution.

MechWarrior Video Game, Debut Trailer HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Nice. I just noticed that the voice of the Mech's system is rather annoying though, hopefully they'll change that.

Adrian Ţepeş Forum Moderator

King Jellyfish

263,320 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,834 Posts

1,766 Threads

#24 10 years ago

I didn't really like that game, it was pretty boring.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

crisissuit3

We will rule you

101,365 XP

17th August 2007

0 Uploads

9,209 Posts

0 Threads

#25 10 years ago

never played a mech warrior game except for a demo, even then i found it awesome. i just never got the controls well. (when i was little i didnt get the controls to any game except for a N64)

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#26 10 years ago

MrFancypants;4947559I got Mech Commander Gold working on Vista now and damn this game is hard.

I just had to replay a mission where I prepared an assault on a base very carefully for at least one hour. Then everything went wrong in less than a minute.

There is a military saying..."No plan survives first contact with the enemy".

The Israeli Army used to rush officers through a briefing and give then X number of minutes to finish. The Officers used to rush and scramble to finish then at the end be told, the enemy moved first, these units are engaged and not available, start over.

Also, that voice of the Mech pilot of the Warhammer was the same guy who did the voice in MW4:Vengance.

MrFancypants Forum Administrator

The Bad

218,170 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,044 Posts

9 Threads

#27 10 years ago

Anlushac11;4949432There is a military saying..."No plan survives first contact with the enemy".

The Israeli Army used to rush officers through a briefing and give then X number of minutes to finish. The Officers used to rush and scramble to finish then at the end be told, the enemy moved first, these units are engaged and not available, start over.

Also, that voice of the Mech pilot of the Warhammer was the same guy who did the voice in MW4:Vengance.

Well as long as I get my "reactor online, sensors online, weapons online all systems nominal - clickclikcclick, beeep" I'll be a happy mechwarrior.

I also hope they will manage to come up with some decent music. MechWarrior 2 had incredibly good music for a videogame of that time.

nexuo

In the UrbanZone

50 XP

23rd May 2009

0 Uploads

51 Posts

0 Threads

#28 10 years ago

Looks nice, but i only wish the gameplay pace in MW franchise was faster.

But than again, when it comes to giant ass-kicking robots. I expect performances and agility of the level like mechs in Macross, Gundam, etc..

Who_Flung_Poo?

No I don't know who did.

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

5,360 Posts

0 Threads

#29 10 years ago

nexuo;4950376Looks nice, but i only wish the gameplay pace in MW franchise was faster.

But than again, when it comes to giant ass-kicking robots. I expect performances and agility of the level like mechs in Macross, Gundam, etc..

And I prefer the feeling of invulnerability in my massive walking tank. I just hope they don't get too arcadey with it or dumb it down too much to fit it onto the Xbox.

For me Mechwarrior 3 had the best game play, although it had it's problems with online play and people preffering to make PPC/missile boats on Ice maps. While I liked how they made weapon slots for MW4, I hated everything else.

Mikouen Advanced Member

What?

145,654 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#30 10 years ago

It's actually the lack of agility on the mechs that contributes so much more to the gameplay than what you'd get in typical shooter games. Inspires a higher degree of teamwork as well as lateral thinking (i.e. Do you move out of cover now, or do you call a team member to lay suppressing fire and force the enemy into cover where they can't hit you as you move? When you receive such a call, do you ditch your current objective to respond, or is your current goal important enough to risk sacrificing a team member?).

I'm not gonna lie to ya, more often than not online games will come down to major free-for-all slugging matches. But occasionally, you get a team game that's just as much a battle of mind as it is a battle of matter, and that's actually when MechWarrior is at it's most rewarding.

With MechWarrior 4 and it's expansions soon to be freely available from the MekTek website, I really can't emphasize enough that if you've never played the series before, it's well worth a try.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.