nexuo

In the UrbanZone

50 XP

23rd May 2009

0 Uploads

51 Posts

0 Threads

#31 10 years ago
Who_Flung_Poo?;4950392And I prefer the feeling of invulnerability in my massive walking tank. I just hope they don't get too arcadey with it or dumb it down too much to fit it onto the Xbox.

Ow don't get me wrong tho. I wasn't criticizing the game/franchise. Was merely saying it looks nice, just bit too slow pace for my taste based on my expectations of mechs.

And yes, i do know that Mechwarrior is more like a tank with legs and arms than a 'human with lots and lots of armor and weapons'.

ConstanceJill

Huh yeah, whatever ^^

38,780 XP

6th December 2006

0 Uploads

3,246 Posts

1 Threads

#32 10 years ago
MrFancypants;4949585Well as long as I get my "reactor online, sensors online, weapons online all systems nominal [...]" I'll be a happy mechwarrior.

Hehe, back in the days I even had extracted those sounds from MW3 to start making a Windows theme for my PC ; that was the "Windows startup" sound :D ... I'll rename sound files to english so what they should be associated to can be more obvious for non-french users and upload that somewhere :p

Edit : here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?eyzm0nzdcmq

Junk angel

Huh, sound?

166,880 XP

29th January 2007

0 Uploads

15,678 Posts

0 Threads

#33 10 years ago
But than again, when it comes to giant ass-kicking robots. I expect performances and agility of the level like mechs in Macross, Gundam, etc..

No thanks. I'd much prefer my western styled mechs and titans :P Also it makes the differences between heavies and scouts come so much more forward.

MrFancypants Forum Administrator

The Bad

218,170 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,044 Posts

9 Threads

#34 10 years ago

I just found an interesting video on youtube about MechWarior Living Legends, a total conversion for Crysis. From what I can tell it won't feel like a true Mechwarrior game but the graphics are nice (I especially like the explosions) and they obviously put in quite an effort (they even found a way to let people customize their mechs).

Here's their youtube channel: YouTube - MechLivingLegends's Channel

nexuo

In the UrbanZone

50 XP

23rd May 2009

0 Uploads

51 Posts

0 Threads

#35 10 years ago
Junk angel;4950553No thanks. I'd much prefer my western styled mechs and titans :P Also it makes the differences between heavies and scouts come so much more forward.

No thanks ... to what? I never said MechWarrior must or should be like that. I only said that's what i expect when it comes to robots/mechs. I even explained myself more clear just 1 post before yours ...... :uhh:

Who_Flung_Poo?

No I don't know who did.

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

5,360 Posts

0 Threads

#36 10 years ago

nexuo;4950417Ow don't get me wrong tho. I wasn't criticizing the game/franchise. Was merely saying it looks nice, just bit too slow pace for my taste based on my expectations of mechs.

And yes, i do know that Mechwarrior is more like a tank with legs and arms than a 'human with lots and lots of armor and weapons'.[/QUOTE]

Have you every heard of Gundam Side Story 0079 for the Sega Dreamcast? It managed to give you some of the feel of MW while still being fairly agile. And as far as I know it is also the only first person Gundam title that I know of.

[QUOTE=MrFancypants;4950600]I just found an interesting video on youtube about MechWarior Living Legends, a total conversion for Crysis. From what I can tell it won't feel like a true Mechwarrior game but the graphics are nice (I especially like the explosions) and they obviously put in quite an effort (they even found a way to let people customize their mechs).

Actually the developers are working very hard at trying to keep the game as canon to the board game without losing game play or balance, so depending on which MW was your favorite it may feel more or less like MW depending on your tastes.

Also, the customization kicks ass:

Spoiler: Show
MWLL_MadCat_4variants02.jpg

Mad Cat MkII

Sazamaphrase

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

5,387 Posts

0 Threads

#37 10 years ago

ConstanceJill;4950500Hehe, back in the days I even had extracted those sounds from MW3 to start making a Windows theme for my PC ; that was the "Windows startup" sound :D ... I'll rename sound files to english so what they should be associated to can be more obvious for non-french users and upload that somewhere :p

Edit : here it is : MW3_WindowsSounds.zip

That is epic on so many levels

Anson992

Master Jedi

50 XP

15th October 2005

0 Uploads

10,598 Posts

0 Threads

#38 10 years ago

I grew up playing Mechwarrior. I mostly remember MechWarrior 4, and the Xbox series MechAssault.

Sad part was, Mechassault and Mechassault 2 were great, but the latter was overshadowed by being released on the original Xbox too close to the 360 launch. Its definitely to great to see the series is making a comeback.

Who_Flung_Poo?

No I don't know who did.

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

5,360 Posts

0 Threads

#39 10 years ago

Mechassult is not Mechwarrior. I was gobsmacked when I saw the first game play videos and noticed the "PPC" moved slower than a Dire Wolf with a destroyed leg and was apparently homing too. Only thing they got right were the AC's being actual cannons instead of the way MW3 and 4 showed them as RAC's.

Though I do admit to having fun playing Mechassault online. (Atlas with fully leveled Warhammer missiles FTW) Never played Mechassault 2 due to that my Xbox died before it came out and I wasn't going to buy a 3rd POS.

Anson992

Master Jedi

50 XP

15th October 2005

0 Uploads

10,598 Posts

0 Threads

#40 10 years ago

Who_Flung_Poo?;4951295Mechassult is not Mechwarrior. I was gobsmacked when I saw the first game play videos and noticed the "PPC" moved slower than a Dire Wolf with a destroyed leg and was apparently homing too. Only thing they got right were the AC's being actual cannons instead of the way MW3 and 4 showed them as RAC's.

Though I do admit to having fun playing Mechassault online. (Atlas with fully leveled Warhammer missiles FTW) Never played Mechassault 2 due to that my Xbox died before it came out and I wasn't going to buy a 3rd POS.

I know technically its not Mech Warriror, but it was still a game involving the same mechs in the Mech Warrior series, and I'm sure its a spinoff of the MechWarrior series in some form or fashion.

Regardless, I still love mechs. :)