worlds worst drummer

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

4th November 2005

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Hi, I just heard on the news that Microsoft actually loses $71 for every Xbox 360 made and sold. However, they're gonna make up for this by charging more for games and accesories(sp?) Just post your opinions on this issue

Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

People were willing to pay $60-$80 (usd) for a Super Nintendo game back in the early 90s, so I'm sure that whatever the price they set for a XB360 game is, people will gobble them up.

I'll be playing the wait and see game for about a year before I buy a next-gen console.

Rikupsoni

Victim of Forgotten HopeForum bystander

50 XP

26th April 2004

0 Uploads

3,047 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Well it is that way with Play Station 2 already.

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

MS said they want to price their games at $50 to attract more customers.

If you look around, All the MS games(PGR 3, Kameo, perfect dark) are priced at $50. The other, NFL 06, NFS:MW, COD2 are all $60.

MS has a good idea going here though.

blurb23

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

28th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,007 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

The actual cost for MS on every Premium 360 system sold is $126, including the controller and all.

The First Party games that came out at launch were all priced at $50, but I heard somewhere that ALL next gen games are going to become $60. A ripoff, if you ask me. $50 is already bad enough.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 12 years ago

It's a compromise, balancing a conquerable price and a profitable sale point, but I think companies (meaning, what is beneficial to them, not to consumers) are making a good decision pricing them higher than they may need to be. The price of the console itself is already above what many people will pay, and those that do buy it are going to be willing to shell out the necessary amount to cover games and accessories.

Juparis

Ohax Nuv

50 XP

4th December 2004

0 Uploads

104 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

For some reason I heard $132 was the total loss--probably an exaggeration.

As much as I'd "love" to give M$ that golden image of a kind, generous company, I think they (or some of em, at least) are smart enough to realize this kind of loss is nothing compared to the profit they'll be making through Xbox Live, a few of the games, and (mostly) all the publicity through the recent shortages... It's hard not to see it coming, although I guess IBM was part of the problem as well...