Rikupsoni

Victim of Forgotten HopeForum bystander

50 XP

26th April 2004

0 Uploads

3,047 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

So I've been refreshing my memory for the last couple of days of the games that have been released for PC in the last months or for Christmas because I wanted to get some new games. So, what PC games actually are new releases for Christmas?

• Red Alert 3: I am a big C&C fan, but was dissapointed by C&C3 (no Westwood) and from what I see the RA3 anime-style etc. mech robots, it's no better.
  • GTA IV: Everyone's saying it's a bad port, heavy, laggy, bugs, and the GTA IV hype is over long ago, not that appealing anymore.
  • Call of Duty 5: 5? Huh.. didn't buy the second game that long ago.. doesn't even seem interesting enough to check the Wikipedia article, bored of arcade WWII..
  • James Bond: Quantum of Solace: Bad reviews, bad license game?
  • Football Manager 2009: never been interested in such games in the slightest..
  • Far Cry 2 & Crysis: Nice games for many I guess, but the singleplayer has never really striked me (especially not FC2 style) and the multiplayer is nothing special in them.

And that's pretty much it.. It's pretty sad that I wanted to buy a couple of games but wasn't able. It's never been like that. Here I am, 0 games for Christmas eventhough I even searched for long. Never thought this day would come.

I even tried to go for older games that I don't own. Weird that Doom III wasn't available at where I looked, nor was Max Payne.

What did you go for? :Puzzled:

Stark98

I would die without GF

138,935 XP

25th March 2005

0 Uploads

13,416 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

i like crysis, and warhead. Red alert 3 is looking good imo. Dead space is a very nice game! I recommend that one for sure.

crisissuit3

We will rule you

101,365 XP

17th August 2007

0 Uploads

9,209 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

i have left 4 dead and maybe fall out 3. its what im getting because im slow when it comes to buying games.

DarkKrucifix7

Geek on the Internets

50 XP

26th February 2007

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

Sovereign001;4739344Dead space is a very nice game! I recommend that one for sure.[/quote]

The PC version has 2 problems I came across: to use the mouse it is necessary to disable Vsync and some slightly clunky controls compared to console versions

[quote=crisissuit3;4739358]i have left 4 dead and maybe fall out 3. its what im getting because im slow when it comes to buying games.

Left 4 Dead I recommend, nothing more fun than obliterating hordes of zombies :p

I also heard some great things about FO3...but still has some issues similar to Oblivion.

Stark98

I would die without GF

138,935 XP

25th March 2005

0 Uploads

13,416 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago
The PC version has 2 problems I came across: to use the mouse it is necessary to disable Vsync and some slightly clunky controls compared to console versions

i play it with a xbox 360 controller.

Granyaski VIP Member

High as a kite

107 XP

29th May 2008

0 Uploads

11,881 Posts

1 Threads

#6 10 years ago

Well I got red alert 3 and I was extremely dissapointed...damn EA. fary cry2 was good time spent and probably the only good one this christams.

Stark98

I would die without GF

138,935 XP

25th March 2005

0 Uploads

13,416 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago
fary cry2

boring it gets after a while!

Well I got red alert 3 and I was extremely dissapointed...damn

explain!?

crisissuit3

We will rule you

101,365 XP

17th August 2007

0 Uploads

9,209 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

maybe if you play farcry 2, get the diamond cheat so you can have fun with all those weapons.

Granyaski VIP Member

High as a kite

107 XP

29th May 2008

0 Uploads

11,881 Posts

1 Threads

#9 10 years ago

Sovereign001;4739556boring it gets after a while!

explain!?

well I'm used to the 'classical' c&c's...the simple playable ones. I found this one was just...off track, the graphics were...strickingly different to me and the introduction of a new team didn't go down well with me. It's nothing really BIG it's just loads of small problems that make it a downsider to me, I'd stick to red alert 2 any day

*The.Doctor

Trust me, I'm a Doctor

102,440 XP

25th November 2003

0 Uploads

9,964 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago
RikupsoniCall of Duty 5: 5? Huh.. didn't buy the second game that long ago.. doesn't even seem interesting enough to check the Wikipedia article, bored of arcade WWII..

CoD5 is pretty good. Much better than CoD2 was. I would get Fallout 3. Its a great game, and has amazing replay value.