Red Menace

SCHOFIELD DID 4/30

415,758 XP

10th August 2004

0 Uploads

40,364 Posts

1 Threads

#1 6 years ago

Which game are you waiting on with bated breath? Gamefront has a list of some great games out Q1 of this year, but there are so many more greats just over the horizon...

Looking Ahead: Gaming In 2012 (Q1) | GameFront

I'm excited about War of the Roses from Paradox Interactive:

A team-based multiplayer melee combat experience, War of The Roses sees players and their band of knights going toe-to-toe with their opponents using authentic and visceral weapons of the time period including broad swords, long bows and battle-axes.

PC Gamer also has a pretty extensive list of the possibilities for the year: http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-best-pc-games-of-2012/

sigpic82523_3.gif</div></body></html>

Supa

People say I post too much

50 XP

1st April 2009

0 Uploads

1,368 Posts

0 Threads

#2 6 years ago

I read the one on cnet's website, and this made me laugh.

No shock here. Activision will publish a new Call of Duty game in 2012, and if the pattern of the last five years continues, it will see Treyarch coming in as the developer. Write down a bunch of military conflicts from the world's past, shuffle them up in a hat, pick one, and you've got the next Call of Duty game.

Totes

Misanthrope

92,890 XP

7th January 2011

0 Uploads

8,664 Posts

0 Threads

#3 6 years ago

Mass Effect 3

/thread

Acualy Is Confusingkid

Keep honking im reloading

50 XP

19th September 2006

0 Uploads

4,563 Posts

0 Threads

#4 6 years ago

Mass Effect 3 or Bioshock Infinite....

Either way....

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,108 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#5 6 years ago

Supa: CoD is as predictable as professional wresting now. Yearly releases (Activision stated that the were going to do this way back) and $15 map packs. Repeated sales record breaks. People complaining that the final game is an overpriced map pack for the recent installment or CoD 4. The inevitable overhype leading up to November 12th. This will keep going on until CoD becomes unprofitable to run.

Rant warning:

Honestly, I'm not interested in any major releases because I don't want to support the maintstream industry's practices of restrictive DRM and game monotinization. For me, most of the excitement of this year's releases were ruined by near last-minute announcements of online passes or cut SP content, restrictive ToS changes, draconian DRM support, or more.

I'm pretty much accepted that any major releases are going to have last minute surprises that will piss people like me off one way or another. For example, I can damn well guarantee that the latest Twisted Metal will come with an online pass because it's published by Sony. Therefore, I pretty much don't care about any new games.

TL;DR version: I'm looking forward to any new games at the moment because,to me, it's not worth supporting an increasingly-greedy and restrictive industry anymore (especially the SOPA and Protect IP supporters).

&gt;Omen&lt;

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#6 6 years ago

Aliens: Colonial Marines, Syndicate, Far Cry 3, Max Payne 3, Metro: Last Light, Prey 2, Prototype 2, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, and Hitman: Absolution.

Hopefuls for sometime in 2012, possibly 2013:

Doom 4, Grand Theft Auto V, Medal of Honor 2

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,015 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#7 6 years ago

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3 and Bioshock Infinite (i.e. Bioshock 3). I'm starting to see a pattern there.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#8 6 years ago

There's some nice looking stuff but nothing I'm really waiting for with bated breath. I've pretty much given up on buying things before the lets plays are out on youtube, and it's clear what sort of DRM is going to be in them.

I'll probably buy one game this year. Maybe less. As to what that will end up being -shrug- Hitman Absolution and Max Payne 3 are both looking alright; though I'm not sure I like the theme change in MP3.

I've decided not to buy anything more from EA so Mass Effect 3 isn't going to happen unless I play it on someone else's system. In all honesty though I don't expect ME3 to be any good; Bioware have lost their mojo. Their production values are always high but their games are boring to play and their storylines are trite.

BlitZ, The 57th

Fack, Fack you, Fack that

50 XP

20th April 2007

0 Uploads

3,236 Posts

0 Threads

#9 6 years ago

Definitely anticipating ME3 and Bioshock: Infinite.

Would be nice to anticipate a Star Wars: KOTOR 3 or Dragon Age something to continue that bloody cliffhanger at DA2...

Octovon

Spaceman

54,945 XP

5th August 2003

0 Uploads

5,317 Posts

0 Threads

#10 6 years ago

Mass Effect 3 looks amazing, but I still haven't gotten around to playing either of the first two games (though my friends keep telling me how awesome it is). I'm looking forward to Starhawk and MLB 12 The Show, and if I can get around to upgrading my PC, Diablo III. I really enjoyed Warhawk and I played the Starhawk beta at a friend's place before Christmas and it was a lot of fun, reminded me of Tribes (fun with jetpacks). I'm a sucker for baseball games and The Show is the best baseball series, kicks the crap out of the MLB 2K games.

Bautista_Toronto.jpg