MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,817 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#1 1 year ago

Holy 100-ton assault-mech batman! A new Mechwarrior game has been announced for 2018.

Have to admit that MW: Online was a bit of a let-down after they scrapped the initial plans and turned it into world of tanks with mechs. Not a terrible game, but not what I was hoping for. MW:Online was originally intended as MW5 but they cancelled the single player part and turned it into a F2P grinder. And the same people behind MW:O are also developing MW5.

Still, just from watching the original trailers and the concepts you could tell that there were a few people who knew what a good Mechwarrior game would look like. Maybe this time around they will get it right.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,238 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,113 Posts

1,329 Threads

#2 1 year ago

I hope they get it right this time.

Also hope it brings about a resurgence of things like this (though this was for Steel Battalion)

TEw9OJ4.jpg

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,817 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#3 1 year ago

Unfortunately the MW games usually play like shooters, so there isn't much of an advantage in using hotas. My X52 Pro has been collecting dust for a few years already.

Maybe I will take another look at MW: Online. Piloting the light mechs was quite a bit of fun.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#4 1 year ago

As long as they get the "Feel" of the Mech right. I'm good.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,817 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#5 1 year ago

I think they got that right with MW:Online already. They want to use a new engine for the single player game though, so the feel may change a little.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#6 1 year ago

Hope they can do something akin to Titanfall. The mechs in that were amazing.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,325 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,144 Posts

5 Threads

#7 1 year ago

One of my favourite games, presentation wise, was MW3. The briefings in that were very well done.

The stompy robots weren't bad eitherĀ :p

Wasn't a huge fan of MWO's metagame but the stompy robot action wasn't terrible.

Basically they just have to not fuck it up. You know. Like MW4...

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,817 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#8 1 year ago

I recently read about an update coming to MWO that is supposed to revamp the skill system (which was one of the big disappointments), so I downloaded the game and noticed that they have released the clan version of the Jenner. Apparently it isn't much better than the IS Jenner, but the J7 was my favorite mech back when I played the game, so I bought a bunch of clan Jennies and gave it a try.

I forgot how frustrating the game can be, especially to light mech pilots. But when you get it right it feels very rewarding. After dying a few miserable deaths I managed to sneak up on a bunch of distracted assaults and do some damage (highest team damage output, a few kills, lots of LRM spotting). I think I will level the new Jenners and maybe take a look at some of the other mechs.

There are so many things that could be better in this game, but it still is kind of fun.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#9 1 year ago
"Serio"Hope they can do something akin to Titanfall. The mechs in that were amazing.

Titan Fall aren't Mechs those are Big Robots.

Mechs on The Mech Warrior series are more akin to Death dealing weapons platforms on two legs. Hence if you turn the controls into an FPS, it wont feel right.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.