New Aliens vs. Predator 2009 Game trailer (Marine Reveal) 30 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 9 years ago

It's official, i'm giving this game Game of the Year for 09 and 010. Just recently also found this little jewel of a sample, shows some new features the predator can use. http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/games/158877.Aliens-vs.-Predator/videos/133291.20090605.Aliens-vs.-Predator/

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#2 9 years ago
bud389;4962162...i'm giving this game Game of the Year for 09 and 010.

That may be a bit premature, considering all the gameplay dev interview videos have not showed this level of graphics, which I take is what you're basing that judgment solely on. We also don't know whether it's going to be beta tested properly, many games aren't anymore, and few that need patching get it in a timely fashion if at all. It would be nice if the graphics were that good, but as in many a movie trailer, this reeks of a carrot dangling. It looks to be showing us better than in game scenes, which are pre rendered.

To be honest, the gameplay videos I've seen of it so far not only don't look as good as some of the screenshots you've shown, they don't even look as good as Dead Space's gameplay graphics. Granted there is much that isn't known yet, like whether those gameplay videos were taken from a console version. I maintain, it's too soon to be making any bold statements about the quality and/or graphical polish of this game, though I do anticipate it's release anxiously.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 9 years ago
>Omen<;4962487That may be a bit premature, considering all the gameplay dev interview videos have not showed this level of graphics, which I take is what you're basing that judgment solely on. We also don't know whether it's going to be beta tested properly, many games aren't anymore, and few that need patching get it in a timely fashion if at all. It would be nice if the graphics were that good, but as in many a movie trailer, this reeks of a carrot dangling. It looks to be showing us better than in game scenes, which are pre rendered. To be honest, the gameplay videos I've seen of it so far not only don't look as good as some of the screenshots you've shown, they don't even look as good as Dead Space's gameplay graphics. Granted there is much that isn't known yet, like whether those gameplay videos were taken from a console version. I maintain, it's too soon to be making any bold statements about the quality and/or graphical polish of this game, though I do anticipate it's release anxiously.

What? yes it has, have you even been paying attention to this game at ALL?! Not to mention that was HD footage and it's in an environment that hasn't been shown yet so it would be wise to assume that the graphical differences are environment related. And yea, the graphics looks nice, but it's the atmosphere, the immersive gameplay, and the survival horror aspect it's giving off that's so awesome (and yes, Human campaign IS horror based as it has been in all 3 of the titles before it). Why are you bringing up beta testing exactly? I haven't heard you mention that in all the other threads i've seen you argue endlessly about for why it may not be all that good, and i didn't see that come into play with all the arguements of you defending "Valve" titles aswell as several other games. Why oh why are you still talking about "pre-rendered" footage, Crysis was capable of pulling it off, Metal Gear Solid 4 was capable of pulling it off, and Unreal Tournament 3 was capable of pulling it off, and it's not like AVP is ahead of it's game in the graphics department, will it raise a few eyebrows on some of it's impressive, custom, graphical features? Probably, just like it has in the past. Will it be (or is it) prettier then all the other games out on the market? No, but it does seem to look very naturally high def. Your kidding right? Dead Space? Yea, that looks nice, but really, your saying that this isn't a beutiful screenshot?

Spoiler: Show
958075_20090602_screen003.jpg

So please, stop trolling. I've seen over 30+ minutes of ingame footage so far (all of the video lengths put together), and so far, all of it has yet to part from it's ingame look, sure they might add a little depth of field and some particle effects but that's it really. Aliens Vs Predator Video Game, E3 09: Features Interview | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com Looks nearly 100% the same as the footage i saw in the Marine Reveal. Besides the gameplay has always been the innovative aspect of the AVP franchise (which if you've even played any of them, you'd know that from the start) which is why everyone is so excited.

Badha1rday

Nature's best screw up.

132,255 XP

27th July 2005

0 Uploads

12,663 Posts

0 Threads

#4 9 years ago

Doubtful that it's going to get any higher than an 85% at best on metacritic.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 9 years ago
BadHairDẵy;4962750Doubtful that it's going to get any higher than an 85% at best on metacritic.

What a coincedence, that's exactly what Aliens vs. Predator 2 got on metacritic, although since it wasn't made by the same developers it's not AS big of a coincedence and too bad AVP1 for PC is too old to be on metacritic <:( either it's too old, or it was never registered on it. BUUUT! It WAS given an 8/10 by IGN, "GamePro reviewed the game 4 out of 5, citing the lack of a save feature as a major flaw, but praising the "splendid graphics, perfect sound effects, multiple vision modes, and ambiance" and citing it as "the most frightening game since Half-Life!" (which is kind've an understatement because even by todays standards i still find it more terrifying then 97% of the horror games on the market from 2000 - 2009), and "The Adrenaline Vault gave the game 4 out of 5, citing the lack of depth in the story as a major flaw but praising the immersive atmosphere describing a moment of being attacked by a facehugger in the game as being "in these moments...the greatest game I had ever played"." Hell, even sega, the publishers of both Aliens: Colonial Marines and Aliens vs. Predator, pushed back Aliens: CM so that AVP could release first.

&gt;Omen&lt;

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#6 9 years ago

LOL, it seems anyone bringing up pertinent points that challenge your wishful thinking are suddenly a bubble bursting trolling effort. Grow the hell up Bud. It's bad enough you still insist on inserting high res pre render screenshots as if sure they're taken from in game footage, you're now making them too large to even read the posts without side scrolling through your drivel.

Furthermore, just because you author a thread doesn't mean anyone responding to it has to conform to your idea of logic based on previous posts. You see some comments as contradictory or not in keeping with previous ones only because you appear to be the only one not seeing the obvious points they contain. You made the remark in this thread that you feel this is GotY material, not just for this year but next.

A GotY by most people's standards has to have more than just good graphics (not that I agree AvP's are as good as you claim). Beta testing has a lot to do with the overall quality of the end product. The bugs that often result from a lack of it should be factored into any GotY rating. It's unknown whether this game will have such problems, but eye candy addict that you are, you don't even think about that or apparently care, it's two thumbs up all the way already. Then again you have been known to say things like graphics shouldn't be a part of a review rating, how absurd, since lately it's all you seem to care about.

None of the gameplay footage videos shown have come close to looking as good as the screenshots or trailers you've posted. That should be a big enough clue in itself, but you seem to be too in denial to understand that. Go ahead and make blanket, premature, naive statements about game of the year. It's only going to make more people reading them realize your game opinions and reviews are too biased, uninformed, speculative and just plan moronic to be worth reading.

On Dead Space, the actual in game gameplay footage compared to the in game footage shown so far of this game is much better looking both in overall graphics textures and quality of lighting and effects. You use the lofty screenshots and trailers as a barometer to judge a game that's not even out yet.

Most have the sense to know it's the gameplay footage videos that always give a better representation of what a game will actually look like while playing it. You may see something that nice in a cutscene, but it's highly unlikely the interactive game action itself will play with graphics that good.

The more you bring up these unsubstantiated reasons to rave, the more you get flippant about common sense responses. It's like someone has to take little Buddy by the hand and explain every comment to him amidst his little tantrum when he doesn't get the whoo hoo responses he wants. Did you honestly think it would be thought of as profound saying you feel this is GotY for 2009 AND 2010?

I can see how you must have been in school...

Bud, "That's COOL!!!... I said it first!"

Teacher, "OOOKayyy,....um,....anyone else?"

...or maybe you're still IN school for that matter.

Junk angel

Huh, sound?

166,880 XP

29th January 2007

0 Uploads

15,678 Posts

0 Threads

#7 9 years ago
BUUUT! It WAS given an 8/10 by IGN, "GamePro reviewed the game 4 out of 5, citing the lack of a save feature as a major flaw, but praising the "splendid graphics, perfect sound effects, multiple vision modes, and ambiance" and citing it as "the most frightening game since Half-Life!"

The major flaw with avp2 was it's absolutely and terribly broken net-code. Just try it. No matter what you did, the game still lagged in MP. Which made half of the weapons unusable and the only only feasible alien the runner.

Did I like AVP2? Sure I did, but the 85% on metacritic was fully justified.

As to this game? I'll reserve judgement, just feel slightly giddy they kept the pulse rifle grenade :)

Also bud, keep in mind that still screenshots don't really tell much about how the game will look in the end.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 9 years ago
>Omen<;4962875LOL, it seems anyone bringing up pertinent points that challenge your wishful thinking are suddenly a bubble bursting trolling effort. Grow the hell up Bud. It's bad enough you still insist on inserting high res pre render screenshots as if sure they're taken from in game footage, you're now making them too large to even read the posts without side scrolling through your drivel. Furthermore, just because you author a thread doesn't mean anyone responding to it has to conform to your idea of logic based on previous posts. You see some comments as contradictory or not in keeping with previous ones only because you appear to be the only one not seeing the obvious points they contain. You made the remark in this thread that you feel this is GotY material, not just for this year but next. A GotY by most people's standards has to have more than just good graphics (not that I agree AvP's are as good as you claim). Beta testing has a lot to do with the overall quality of the end product. The bugs that often result from a lack of it should be factored into any GotY rating. It's unknown whether this game will have such problems, but eye candy addict that you are, you don't even think about that or apparently care, it's two thumbs up all the way already. Then again you have been known to say things like graphics shouldn't be a part of a review rating, how absurd, since lately it's all you seem to care about. None of the gameplay footage videos shown have come close to looking as good as the screenshots or trailers you've posted. That should be a big enough clue in itself, but you seem to be too in denial to understand that. Go ahead and make blanket, premature, naive statements about game of the year. It's only going to make more people reading them realize your game opinions and reviews are too biased, uninformed, speculative and just plan moronic to be worth reading. On Dead Space, the actual in game gameplay footage compared to the in game footage shown so far of this game is much better looking both in overall graphics textures and quality of lighting and effects. You use the lofty screenshots and trailers as a barometer to judge a game that's not even out yet. Most have the sense to know it's the gameplay footage videos that always give a better representation of what a game will actually look like while playing it. You may see something that nice in a cutscene, but it's highly unlikely the interactive game action itself will play with graphics that good. The more you bring up these unsubstantiated reasons to rave, the more you get flippant about common sense responses. It's like someone has to take little Buddy by the hand and explain every comment to him amidst his little tantrum when he doesn't get the whoo hoo responses he wants. Did you honestly think it would be thought of as profound saying you feel this is GotY for 2009 AND 2010? I can see how you must have been in school... Bud, "That's COOL!!!... I said it first!" Teacher, "OOOKayyy,....um,....anyone else?" ...or maybe you're still IN school for that matter.

No, it's just quite obvious and your just TRYING (effortlessly might i add), theirs no proof you have that surrounds this "pre-rendered" trend of video game bashing you seem to be mindlessly following other then your own personnel opinion as i've produced numerous bits of evidence proving that it's ingame -.- HD screenshots, HD gameplay, and interviews with the creator. lol you REALLY don't read magazines much do you? I suppose your going to go about spouting such insane things as "ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES HAS PRE-RENDERED FOOTAGE, EVEN THOUGH IT'S BEEN STATED BY THE DEVS TO BE INGAME AND WILL ALSO LOOK BETTER THEN HOW IT CURRENTLY LOOKS" http://gamepod.hu/dl/cnt/2009-06/47375/aliens-colonial-marines-screenshot-big.jpg http://www.gamestar.hu/apix/0901/aliens-colonial-marines-8.jpg *yawn* Still trying to redeem yourself for posting hopelessly stupid arguements against "pre-rendered" footage, everyone at gametrailers, gamefaqs, gamespot, the escapist, and IGN (users and some critics who talk about the game) all agree and have noted that it's INGAME, so please, tell me again why you insist on furthering your futile attempts at saying an "above average looking title" has "ZOMG, HAXXOR, PRE-RENDERED" screenshots.... Really, it's getting annoying and wildly redundant at this point. It was a joke you half wit, JESUS, it was sarcasm to how badly i'm anticipating this title (not hyping, just anticipating, hyping is alot different). Yes, i DID say that DIDN'T I, mabye that's TELLING you something, that you MIGHT be judgemental and CLUELESS as to where i stand on graphics, and where the hell in this thread did i even mention graphics until you came in? Wow, are you serious? Is it because you don't have an HD 720p moniter or something? Seriously, cause everything i've seen (from the predator gameplay) has matched whats been shown, the only POSSIBLE picture i could see you argueing with is this one. http://chud.com/articles/content_images/106/avp3.jpg All the screenshots i've seen so far have yet to stray from what i've already seen in terms of quality, and we can expect even more on the horizon when it releases this January. (lol, i guess you ALSO wouldn't believe that AVP1 for the PC in 1999 had dynamic shading and lighting, with global illumination, destructible lights, and dynamicly deformable explosions based on the geometry of the world around it, the AVP HAVE, it's not like the AVP franchise doesn't have a history of graphical quality). Or mabye your just blind :/ Seriously, have we even been LOOKING at the same footage for it? That's just lol. And apparently your using low res, crappy quality videos to judge a game based on technology for it which you have no clue about. Yes, by the kid in the class who has no friends because of his narrow minded, seemingly impenetrable point of view. I rest my case.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 9 years ago
Junk angel;4963069The major flaw with avp2 was it's absolutely and terribly broken net-code. Just try it. No matter what you did, the game still lagged in MP. Which made half of the weapons unusable and the only only feasible alien the runner. Did I like AVP2? Sure I did, but the 85% on metacritic was fully justified. As to this game? I'll reserve judgement, just feel slightly giddy they kept the pulse rifle grenade :) Also bud, keep in mind that still screenshots don't really tell much about how the game will look in the end.

I ran the game fine, did you get the updates? And why wouldn't they keep the pulse rifle grenade? It's PART of the gun lol.

&gt;Omen&lt;

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#10 9 years ago

The proof is in seeing the actual videos the devs themsleves released of gameplay footage on those very sites you mentioned, such as GameTrailers. If anyone's blind it's you Bud, because those videos don't show anywhere near the image quality the screenshots and trailers you posted do. Others have echoed this opinion repeatedly and not just on this game but others you get all worked up about. You assume just because a dev or someone commenting on a site the videos are posted on says it's in game, it automatically means the interactive part of the game, vs a mere cutscene.

You really are too gullible to be commenting intelligently on things like this, and most here know that. You can't even differentiate advertising hype from the reality of compressed, in game graphics. Like I said, you use trailers and screenshots as a barometer of how a game will look, which commonly anymore are pre renders vs the compressed textures you typically see in game. Even CryTek does this with Crysis. The cutscenes have much better looking models for instance than while interactively in game. You're much too quick to be awed when a dev says in game, not even realizing they themselves play the ad hype game.

Making the comment... "It's official, i'm giving this game Game of the Year for 09 and 010."

...with no emoticons, (LOL), or any indication that you are joking, makes it sound like you are 100% serious, esp given that all you do lately is post content you think LOOKS real good. Then you go on trying to imply it wasn't graphics you were talking about, after pasting another one of your huge shiny screenshots. The very fact that you now say you're merely joking rather negates all the hype you've drenched this title with because you really do make it sound as good as GotY material despite having absolutely no hands on experience with it's graphics or gameplay.

It's obvious you're on an eyecandy trip bud, so let's not BS here. You get very few responses to this kind of hype anymore because people here have come to know you as a raving lunatic that is too infatuated with trailers and screenshots to even recognize the difference between them and actual gameplay footage, or the contrast in image quality that's obvious to most. You even raved about Heavy Rain before you had apparently even seen the video I showed that made it obvious the gameplay footage was not anywhere near the quality you were implying it was.

I am not in need of "redeeming" myself for anything I've said or done on these forums bud. My reputation is not at all in jeopardy and I am a respected member of this community because I do not continually spew garbage be it about hardware, software, or media, including the hype that surrounds it. It's really quite silly you suggest such a thing, or is this another one of your "jokes"?

What's a joke is your never ending critic wannabe threads that most have come to know as yawn material based on your self deluding fascination with advertising hooks. I'm quite sure if someone had a picture of some swamp land disguised as a pristine forest screen shot replete with babbling brook, you'd be all over it with a down payment. :rolleyes: