Nick1989

Finish the fight in 2007

50 XP

27th November 2005

0 Uploads

1,122 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I just got Fight Night Round 3 for my Xbox 360. It is a great game. Feel free to leave comments in here, anyways here is my review of it: Graphics - [COLOR=red]10/10[/COLOR] - This is one of the most realistic looking games I have ever seen. There is so much detail in this game. It is amazing. After a while you will actually see sweat dripping and moving down the players' bodies. Blood moves from open wounds too. You see realistic sweat fly off when you land a punch. Then if you hit a big punch the camera will go into slow motion and you will see your fist hitting your opponents' face. You will see his cheek skin move and a stream of realistic looking blood will fly out of his mouth. This game is very, very detailed. EA did a lot of work on it. You can see moles, pores, and it even has a muscle system. If your player flexes their muscle will bulge out. Great, great graohics.

Storyline - [COLOR=red]5/10[/COLOR] - Why a 5 out of 10? EA could have done a way better job of the storyline. There isnt that much in it. Basically you win fights, move up, win another fight, move up. It gets repetitive but don't let this take away your likeing of the game. The career mode is still very fun. I'm just saying EA could have done a lot better.

Sound - [COLOR=red]8/10[/COLOR] - There is nothing like the sound of a fist connecting to another mans face with a lot of force. The sound is pretty good in FNR3. It has a decent soundtrack consisting of mostly rap songs. Most of them are rappers I never heard of but who cares. The sounds of your panches landing are very lifelike. You hear the fist swing, the sound of the fist hitting the face, and the sound of the opponent moaning from an injury.

Controls - [COLOR=red]6/10[/COLOR] - The controls in FNR3 are pretty hard to get used to. Basically the biggest thing on your controller is the right analong stick. This affects everything. You use it to punch. The way you push on the stick depends on the punch. If you mash it to the right then circle upwars your player throws a right hook. If you mash it down then upwards in a circular patter your player bombs in an uppercut. The analog stick is a HUGE part of this game. At times it may be frustrating but you'll get used to it. Learning the controls well will take you about 40 mins.

Gameplay - [COLOR=red]9/10[/COLOR] - The gameplay in FNR3 is awesome. If you love boxing then you'll love this game. It is so far, the best game out for the Xbox 360. It is also the first major 360 game of 2006. EA did a great job with this game. It's never been so much fun to kick the shit out of your opponent until they're senseless rolleyes.gif

[COLOR=red]OVERALL - 8/10[/COLOR]

Guns4Hire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd September 2002

0 Uploads

15,559 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Thanks for the review. I have been playing the demo like crazy and love it. Will be getting my copy tomorrow :)

How is 1vs1 ? It isn't LIVE enabled is it?

Nick1989

Finish the fight in 2007

50 XP

27th November 2005

0 Uploads

1,122 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Yes, it is live enabled. It has leaderboards and everything. The only thing about it is like I said, the punches using the stick are kind of hard to get used to. The career mode could have had a little more. [INDENT] [/INDENT]

Guns4Hire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd September 2002

0 Uploads

15,559 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago
Nick1989Yes, it is live enabled. It has leaderboards and everything. The only thing about it is like I said, the punches using the stick are kind of hard to get used to. The career mode could have had a little more. [INDENT] [/INDENT]

I'm not to concerned about career mode, as long as I can beat the crap out of a living opponent I am happy :)

Lyon

90% sarcastic

50 XP

9th July 2003

0 Uploads

6,161 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago
Storyline - 5/10 - Why a 5 out of 10? EA could have done a way better job of the storyline. There isnt that much in it. Basically you win fights, move up, win another fight, move up. It gets repetitive but don't let this take away your likeing of the game. The career mode is still very fun. I'm just saying EA could have done a lot better.

Mate it's boxing. You don't need a story behind a sports game.

Master Chief 14

Some Dude

50 XP

23rd October 2005

0 Uploads

2,487 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

The game does look pretty good,nice review btw. The commercial for it though I found it silly.

Nick1989

Finish the fight in 2007

50 XP

27th November 2005

0 Uploads

1,122 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

lol. I havent seen the commercial but my friend told me about it. It was like some guy on a boat or something. But yeah, its an awesome game. I've only got my ass kicked 2 times. Once but Muhammad Ali and once by some guy who was 25-0. I usually KO my ooponent in the end of the first/beg. of 2nd round

Nick1989

Finish the fight in 2007

50 XP

27th November 2005

0 Uploads

1,122 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Yeah, I forgot to mention. There is no HUD in the game. Basically you tell your health my how bad your character is hurt. His arms will be hanging if he's really tired or stuff like that.

Guns4Hire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd September 2002

0 Uploads

15,559 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

Nick, is Mike Tyson in this game? I played around last night a bit. You're right the stick takes some getting used to, I kept kicking the other guy in the nuts and getting DQ's at first :) Seems a diff feel than the demo.

So far I love it!!!

Nick1989

Finish the fight in 2007

50 XP

27th November 2005

0 Uploads

1,122 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

No, Mike Tyson is not in the game Beef. It would be nice to have him though. Right now I know Muhammad Ali, oe Frazier, and Evander Holyfield are in it. There's some more but i cant remember but Tyson isnt in it.

I usually dont even use the stick. I just throw the sig. punch with the A button. BTW, do u have the 360 or XB1 version? I got 360, just wondering.

If your not that good at KOing throw body punches on them, you seem to connect a lot more. Also, what I do if it helps is I just like I said throw sig. punches to body and face. Then usually what I'll do is use the lean button then lean around their punches then wait for an open shot.

I might play it on LIVE later. I'm not that good when people come out just throwing punches everywhere. The only fights I lost are because they came out just swinging away. It also might be good to learn the SUPER punch.

If you dont know that one yet, move the stick to the right or left like a hook, then pull back and then push forward and you'll do a super punch. If it connects your opponent will go into defense mode. Then just body shot and they'll go down