Nintendo Switch thoughts? 4 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,315 XP

15th December 2002

87 Uploads

22,519 Posts

1,747 Threads

#1 1 year ago

Having watched the presentation, it seemed obvious to me that they're making the same classic mistakes. There are a few good first party titles I'm very interested in, but third party support is almost non-existent apart from two "AAA" token titles, Skyrim and Fifa, neither I have much interest in playing on the Switch.

The portability aspect is interesting, but I can't help but feel it's compromised the power of the machine graphically, and honestly, it feels like another play at the casual market that might flop like the Wii U did.

It'll either be the greatest thing since sliced bread or die a death, but I personally have no interest.

Thoughts? 

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,130 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#2 1 year ago

They seem to be catering this to Gameboy players.

But I do agree completely about not wanting to play Skyrim on this primitive control system.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,014 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#3 1 year ago

I don't really care about mobile gaming. I think it is a good concept for a Nintendo console though. They don't need massive hardware for their casual games and competing with Sony and MS, who keep updating their subsidized consoles all the time, would be very risky. Like this they can focus on their core business areas - mobile and casual games and create some synergy.

Last Nintendo I bought was a Wii. Was fun for a while, but not really worth the investment. I'm sticking to my PC for now.

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,651 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#4 1 year ago
"MrFancypants"Wii. Was fun for a while, but not really worth the investment.

6EGGWbz.jpg

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,014 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#5 1 year ago

Wasn't aware of that alternative until 2009 or so.