Stardate 77021.1: As the 25th century approaches, the military conflicts that have plagued the galaxy for untold generations appear to be coming to an end. The prime architect of this unprecedented era of peace, the United Federation of Planets, has begun beating its phasers into plowshares, and set its gaze towards further exploration of the new frontiers first discovered by adventurous voyagers with names like Picard, Sisko, Janeway, and Kirk. Years later, Andorian poets will describe this time as the "En'ock tu Ch'enock," roughly translated as "The Calm before the Inferno." Star Trek Online is the first massively multiplayer online game to be set in the thrilling and inspiring Star Trek universe. A constantly expanding experience of exploration, combat, and personal advancement, STO propels players across the galaxy to strange new worlds, beams them down to confront new life and new civilizations, and boldly sends them where no game players have gone before.
- Beam Down to hundreds of strange new worlds, encountering adventure and danger at every turn.
- Engage Warp Factor Nine to the far corners of the galaxy in customizable starships drawn from every era of Star Trek.
- Fire Phasers against enemies both familiar and exotic, as the galaxy of Star Trek teeters on the brink of all-out war.
- Defend the Federation, taking on missions that can be completed alone, in groups, or as members of ultra-efficient bridge crews.
- Experience Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations, creating a personalized character from one of nine popular Star Trek races.
- Live Long and Prosper, advancing characters through an ever-expanding universe of exploration, adventure, and combat.
© 2006 CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved. STAR TREK and Related Marks are Trademarks of CBS Studios Inc.
so is this the "story line"
Its an outline of the adventure ahead.