Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#1 1 year ago

Yup, it's that time again; the time you spend money that you don't have on games you won't play because they're such good deals.

Might think about picking up Doom. But I have lots of games I've not played yet, so I might try to play them a bit before I pick up any other games that look interesting but aren't on my "must have" list. Right now that list consists of games I already own, so I could take or leave this sale.

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#2 1 year ago

There's pretty much nothing on the list that catches my attention.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,299 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#3 1 year ago

I just picked up Watch Dogs 2 and Planet Coaster, was going to do so anyway, but the sale made it even better :D

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,650 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#4 1 year ago

Meh.

I basically just shoved about £450 worth of shit in my cart for earmarking.

I might buy some of it.

I might buy all of it.

I might just not bother, and pick stuff up on deals as and when I want stuff to play.

Frankly I don't give a shit either way, so I guess I've had my midlife crisis already.

Meh.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,401 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#5 1 year ago

I have to spend $1500 on getting the transmission in my vehicle rebuilt.

I aint' buying anything (probably)

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#6 1 year ago

Someone gifted me Orwell, which is fucking amazing. Aside from that, I may pick up LEGO Star Wars - The Force Awakens. Maybe throw some money at some of the other games on my wishlist, but all around I'm satisfied for games.

On another note, as of this writing, the entire Steam network(all servers, services and application handling) has been down for over an hour. This is extremely unusual, especially during a sale.

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,910 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,880 Posts

218 Threads

#7 1 year ago

I didn't think there was anything worth buying.

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#8 1 year ago

There was plenty worth buying. I picked up Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Age of Decadence, Paint the Town Red, LEGO: Star Wars The Force Awakens, Dead Rising 3, Warhammer 40.000 Regicide, American Truck Simulator, Critical Annihilation, DOOM, and Life is Strange, and some DLC for DX:MD and ATS.

Now, if you restrict yourself to just AAA titles, you're definitely losing out a lot. To my own satisfaction, the games I've picked up this time around have primarily been from my wishlist. Only Life is Strange wasn't present on it. DOOM was a game I've previously had on my list, bought, refunded, and now bought again.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,401 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#9 1 year ago

Even though it's the last day I've decided I'm not going to buy anything. The past few months have just been too hectic and I already have a bit of a back log and I don't want to dig into the money I've been setting aside for a GPU upgrade (if the 1080 Ti rumors turn out to be true).

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#10 1 year ago

Pretty much. I went for some of the cheaper titles on my waitlist, with only one or two exceptions. Everything else will go cheaper in a few weeks to months, and I already have a big backlog to work my way through. Unforeseen consequence is that some of these titles make me want to replay older games - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is making me want to play the original again.