Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Anyone else playing Blizzard's latest FPS? It's fantastic. It feels like a marriage between a standard MOBA, with the art style of Team Fortress 2 and the usual soundwork of Blizzard's titles.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Well I was gonna try it for the TF homage but then you added "MOBA" so I'm gonna hafta pass.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#3 2 years ago
"Lord Rumpuss V"Well I was gonna try it for the TF homage but then you added "MOBA" so I'm gonna hafta pass.

The MOBA is due to heroes having abilities, adding a level of strategy to the generic TF2 style setup ;)

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,400 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#4 2 years ago

I enjoyed the open beta but haven't gotten around to actually buying it yet.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago

I got it gifted and still love it, though I haven't played but 5 hours of it.

It really feels like a new TF2.

"Lord Rumpuss V"Well I was gonna try it for the TF homage but then you added "MOBA" so I'm gonna hafta pass.

It's not really very MOBA-like IMO.  The game is all PVP but it's objective-based maps and games that only last 10 minutes at most.  Characters don't level up during the match and don't buy equipment.  You can (and in fact should) switch characters in the middle of a match.  It's much closer to TF2 than a MOBA.

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,853 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,877 Posts

217 Threads

#6 2 years ago

MOBA?

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#7 2 years ago

Stands for Massive Online Battle Arena.  It's games that are basically clones of DOTA like LoL, Smite, Awesomenauts, and Super Monday Night Combat.  They feature character classes with abilities, AI mobs to kill, in-game progression, items, and heavily rely on teamwork to achieve victory.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#8 2 years ago

Heh sure is fun watching cheaters wail, but it also gives one time to pause and think. Did I just allowed a private company to put spyware on my shit?

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#9 2 years ago

Didn't one guy run it on an entirely new installation, and still get banned? It sounds more like they're tagging purchases based on the billing address. Buy the game on Battle.net and cheat? Banned and the address you used to buy the game with tagged. Buy it again on a new account with the same card/address? Banned again.

Would explain why some people aren't affected, as buying from Amazon or another third party retailer would circumvent this.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,400 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#10 2 years ago

"Lord Rumpuss V"Heh sure is fun watching cheaters wail, but it also gives one time to pause and think. Did I just allowed a private company to put spyware on my shit?

Don't trust The Know about anything. They are a joke. If other sites (more reputable ones) report anything on it then take it with a grain of salt.

I think Serio is correct, or at least closer to the truth.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...