MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,011 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#1 2 years ago

So the wife plays that game and seems to be crashing all the time. Seriously, just about every two minutes the app crashes, there is no GPS signal (although the phone's GPS works) or the game gets stuck.

So I've read a bit and I guess it is either due to the phone's hardware (LG 3GS), it has only 1GB of RAM while Pokemon recommends 2. It might also be due to the slow internet connection (current plan does not support 3g or faster). Do you guys have experience with this? Can I free more RAM on Android somehow? Do I need a new phone or a new internet plan? Thanks!

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,910 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,880 Posts

218 Threads

#2 2 years ago

You should download one of those junk cleaner apps which they have for android.

I don't know the name of one but they clean up ram, and close background processes

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#3 2 years ago

"Mikey"You should download one of those junk cleaner apps which they have for android.

I don't know the name of one but they clean up ram, and close background processes

This is a good idea. I also suggest installing some Antivirus software.

Avast Mobile Security

Avast Clean-up

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,299 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#4 2 years ago

These may help a little, but cheaper phones with lower amounts of RAM and cheaper gyro's and GPS chips are ultimately going to provide a poor experience on an app that, lets be honest, is a bit of a hardware whore.

Ultimately for the best experience, it may be necessary to upgrade.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com