Reccomend me some Euro Truck Simulator 2 mods? 17 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,399 XP

15th December 2002

48 Uploads

22,460 Posts

1,702 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I think there are a few fellow truckers here who may be able to advise me of some good mods.

I want to replace the AI trucks with realistic brand names, also any other texture or graphical enhancement mods that make the game more realistic.

Also, daft question: the options for the game imply there are pedestrians, but I have never seen one. Are there really pedestrians or is it just shitting me?

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

FileTrekker Über Admin

267,399 XP

15th December 2002

48 Uploads

22,460 Posts

1,702 Threads

#2 2 years ago

test

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Definitely look at ProMods. It's actually both a modpack and a group of modders. The modpack extends the map tremendously. We're talking about driving through parts of northern Africa, Greece and the middle east.

If I recall, there are a few pedestrians. They're hidden behind barriers and the likes, though, so you can't hit them.

c0mpliant VIP Member

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

1,947 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

By expand the map, does it include any new road layouts? I'm sick of seeing the exact same road layout over and over again. Some of the European road designs are just terrible

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#5 2 years ago
"Lt. Comm Breslin"By expand the map, does it include any new road layouts? I'm sick of seeing the exact same road layout over and over again. Some of the European road designs are just terrible

It depends on what you mean by new road layouts. It does add some vastly different tracts of land to drive on. They're not all pretty(it depends on the stage of development it was added; the modders got progressively better, and I don't know if they've overhauled any areas since then).

I took this, for instance, whilst driving in Algeria;

7gLP1i8.jpg

c0mpliant VIP Member

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

1,947 Posts

0 Threads

#6 2 years ago

I mainly mean the same motorway copy and pasted across the map with direction signs being relabelled. I couldn't tell the difference between France and Prague which I believe look quite visually different. That screenshot looks like it answers part of my question

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#7 2 years ago

Oh, definitely not. They're very, very different. Both the way the roads are laid out and the way the environment around you look.

FileTrekker Über Admin

267,399 XP

15th December 2002

48 Uploads

22,460 Posts

1,702 Threads

#8 2 years ago
"Lt. Comm Breslin"By expand the map, does it include any new road layouts? I'm sick of seeing the exact same road layout over and over again. Some of the European road designs are just terrible

I have to admit the worst thing about the game is the obvious pre-fab road designs getting reused everywhere. Any mod that changes that would be a winner if such a thing exists?

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,794 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#9 2 years ago

Are there any mods that bring the map closer to real life size? As is, any given city is little more than a group of buildings, and the distance between one city to the next is some 15 minutes. Even GTA III was a larger city, and that was in PS2 era. I want to feel like I am actually driving around Germany or England.

Think sort of Flight Simulator size. At least everything was to to scale, and flying from Brighton to Dresden took the same amount of time as it would in real life. That is what I want from Euro Truck Simulator as well. A true simulator needs to simulate the experience, as well as the simple act of doing something.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Schofield VIP Member

om :A

319,554 XP

24th October 2007

1 Uploads

30,539 Posts

0 Threads

#10 2 years ago

If you are planning on playing Euro Truck Simulator you should livestream it.  I find your streams amusing and the game is oddly enjoyable to watch.  I have no mod recommendations JUST MY TWO CENTS.