sl0w-m0

I pwn Großadmiral Dönitz

50 XP

3rd October 2004

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Hey, I haven't posted here in a looong time but i've been thinking about buying a refurbished Xbox 360 off ebay (they're pretty darn cheap). Question is would you guys trust buying one? The refurbished ones I found say they all come in original packaging with hard drive, controller, headset, and all the adapters you need (I want to get the Premium btw). Don't know about Xbox Live coming with them though. Also if they're refurbished doesn't that mean that they were restored by the factory? They're not just beat up, scratched Xboxes right?

Thanks for reading my post (sorry if it was too long). I thought a few of you might of had experience from buying used or refurbished Xboxes (and i'm just making sure that if I do buy one I know what i'm getting or what to expect).

id10t

Is it really so strange?

50 XP

23rd October 2006

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Do they come with a warrenty, if not don't buy one as the earlier models tended to over heat and die

If not I don't see y not

sl0w-m0

I pwn Großadmiral Dönitz

50 XP

3rd October 2004

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Yeah theres a 90 day warranty so I guess theres nothing to lose but i'm still curious because i've never bought anything refurbished before.

id10t

Is it really so strange?

50 XP

23rd October 2006

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

90 day, then no save up and buy a new one, it may be a bodge job to get it past the warrenty period and screw up, I advise you save up and buy one new (unless you no peers who have bought one without problems for at least a year)

Tango Protocol

Master of my own domain

50 XP

18th July 2003

0 Uploads

8,283 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

refurbished means it was previously owned and "fixed up" by someone maybe not a factory.

I am not much of an eBayer.. I have trust issues so eBay and I do not get along.

sl0w-m0

I pwn Großadmiral Dönitz

50 XP

3rd October 2004

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

Heh well how trustworthy would you reckon these guys to be? World's Best Deals

They're a pretty big place so i'm not too skeptical.

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

Knippschild;3663678refurbished means it was previously owned and "fixed up" by someone maybe not a factory.

I am not much of an eBayer.. I have trust issues so eBay and I do not get along.

Actually Knipp... Refurbished can mean that but usually means the following example. An xbox comes down the testing line at the factory ... Someone testing a component, realizes it doesn't test out correctly. It goes back to Research and Development so that they can figure out why it didn't do what it was supposed to.... It is repaired and now can not be sold at the original price because it is TECHNICally not new. This is how they can come across " Refurbished in new packaging" ... I dealt with this with Dell....;)

I personally would not buy a refurbished xbox... Not with a 90 day warranty ...

sl0w-m0

I pwn Großadmiral Dönitz

50 XP

3rd October 2004

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

Well how long is the normal warranty (if you bought a brand new Xbox), like just one year right?

Does anyone think it would make a difference if I asked the seller where it was refurbished (like if it was repaired by an authorized by Microsoft repair center or some other place)?

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

yes... one year is standard. But that is the issue. There is NO guarantee after 90 days. so you want to spend 300 plus taxes and shipping for something that, if it breaks in 120 days, you have no recourse ? It very well could. They had recalls on their units for just about that time. Won't matter if you ask where. Refurbished is refurbished. The warranty doesn't change.

sl0w-m0

I pwn Großadmiral Dönitz

50 XP

3rd October 2004

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

No the auctions i'm seeing are going for way cheaper then $300 but you do have a good point. Hopefully Microsofts repair fees arn't that much in the case that one I buy does break so i'd be spending less money fixing my broken refurbished one rather then buying a brand new one with a warranty. :cool:

But if not i'm just going to be smart and save up for a new one.