Sonic Mania 5 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,299 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#1 2 years ago

New Sonic game, and, by god, they've actually got it right. At last.

They've got Christian Whitehead on board though so, when you're getting the fans to make your next game for you, well, yeah. It does actually look a lot like a Sonic fan game to me, just with an official Sega logo slapped on.

Not too keen on some of the weird art either, bingo and that odd van. The new GHZ looks nice, though.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#2 2 years ago

This Sonic character sounds really interesting; I wonder if it will take off sometime in the near future.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#3 2 years ago

That looks really damn good. Hopefully the controls are responsive.

FileTrekker Über Admin

269,299 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#4 2 years ago
"Serio"That looks really damn good. Hopefully the controls are responsive.

Conisdering The Taxman's previous work on Sonic CD and Sonic 1 / 2 for phones, he knows how to nail the physics!

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#5 2 years ago
"FileTrekker" Conisdering The Taxman's previous work on Sonic CD and Sonic 1 / 2 for phones, he knows how to nail the physics!

Responsiveness is a greater concern for me. I've played Sonic 1 on the Mega Hub a while back, and while it's great, the controls are very much stuck to the animations. It's a small detail, but it really throws me off because you can't cancel out a jump or a turn, so everything needs to be timed.

tl;dr - I suck at Sonic games.

FileTrekker Über Admin

269,299 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#6 2 years ago
"Serio"
"FileTrekker" Conisdering The Taxman's previous work on Sonic CD and Sonic 1 / 2 for phones, he knows how to nail the physics!

Responsiveness is a greater concern for me. I've played Sonic 1 on the Mega Hub a while back, and while it's great, the controls are very much stuck to the animations. It's a small detail, but it really throws me off because you can't cancel out a jump or a turn, so everything needs to be timed.

tl;dr - I suck at Sonic games.

The version of Sonic 1 on there is how it is on the original, so expect this to be very close to that, basically.