Please wait...

Grey_Matter

51 XP

24th November 2006

0 Uploads

1,422 Posts

0 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I have been wondering does anyone else here but me actually play this? I mean I know I saw somebody with an avatar of one of the latest Na'kuhl ships but other than that I wouldn't know if many others play it.

I have only been playing since May 25th last year and have about 7 characters made, my 7th was made just yesterday.

unic0rn

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

i recall Sheep playing it. some others as well i think.

but that was ages ago.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I've been playing since pre-launch, but I uninstalled it a few days ago. Cryptic and Perfect World have done a beautiful job of driving a good idea into a pit. It used to have a good community, pleasant progression and interesting missions. Now it's just Pay to Win and micro transactions galore. 

NeoRanger

The Curse of Snake

50 XP

29th August 2004

0 Uploads

180 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago
Serio I've been playing since pre-launch, but I uninstalled it a few days ago. Cryptic and Perfect World have done a beautiful job of driving a good idea into a pit. It used to have a good community, pleasant progression and interesting missions. Now it's just Pay to Win and micro transactions galore. 

This is what they've done with every single game of theirs. It's the f2p curse in general, but Cryptic and PWE have a particular talent for it. Champions only kind of dodges the bullet, simply because its microtransactions are primarily cosmetic.

I played a bit of it in the summer, because I was on a Star Trek high. Got bored of it fast, though. There's only this many times I can do the same things a million times before quitting.

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,910 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,880 Posts

218 Threads

#5 2 years ago

I think Mikouen and Sheep play it.

Hell, FileTrekker may too.

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,650 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#6 2 years ago

I'll pop in when there's free shit to claim, or I feel like doing some screenshots. Really, the only reason it's still installed at all is because it would take more effort to remove than ignore.

There's just fuck all in the way of actual, mechanical content. It's little more than an exercise in farming as much money as possible while giving next to nothing in return. 

Should've been written off by gamers and trekkies a long time ago (on an internet far, far away).

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,128 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#7 2 years ago

I play it. In fact, I am the leader of the Ferasan Shadow Force fleet.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png