MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,013 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#1 1 year ago

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA&list=PL8zPnzolxnBDIERr8gFyoc5xs_OFuupQZ

looks pretty good. I never played the first Battlefront and also missed out on the Battlefield game they did a while ago. But this one might come with a decent single player story, from the looks of it. Or do you think it is just recycling of the latest Battlefield game engine to cash in on the movie release later this year?

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,128 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#2 1 year ago

The last one was literally just a Star Wars reskin mod for Battlefield that EA decided to release as a full-priced game. That is why I will forever refer to it as Star Wars: Battlefield, because that is what it was, Battlefield with a Star Wars reskin. Worse yet, it was only 4 maps, no Galactic Conquest, no story mode, no single-player mode of ANY kind. It lacked everything even remotely Battlefront. It had even less so for me, because I don't play multiplayer games. If there is no single-player, I have no interest, and cannot care.

The trailer for this one looks like it may be more than that, but it is still EA, so I will reserve that judgement until I actually see the finished game. That said, if (IF) they can release this one as a decent single-player-based story, then I may at least give it the time of day if I can borrow it from a local friend for a week or so.

But knowing EA, it will only be half a game, but still be £60. And the rest of the game will be another £60 for the Season Pass box of mystery. And then, it will have at least another £60 worth of microtransactions. Not to mention the fact that you can pay £10 to get instant unlock for something that you will EARN in-game anyway after 4 MISSIONS. And then, you can pay another £10 to get a pack of emotes, EMOTES! Seriously....

The simple money-grabbing bottom line is why if a game, any game, has the EA logo on it, I outright refuse to buy it.

As for the original Battlefront II, the REAL Battlefront II, I will probably scour Amazon until I find a PS2 copy that works (My disk has literally been played to death.), or I will just buy the PC version on Steam, and mod that into absolute silliness.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#3 1 year ago

Yeah considering the studio and its rep for making lackluster single player campaigns, I'd expect BF2's campaign to be dicey at best (sorry, I had to do that). We'll see, but as Lindale said, EA being behind the decisions isn't the best for the customers. 

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,128 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#4 1 year ago

Even worse is the fact that EA has the exclusive rights to Star Wars games.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png