I am a mean boss ⬆️⬆️⬇️⬇️⬅️➡️⬅️➡️??

184,643 XP

6th April 2000

0 Uploads

14,592 Posts

1,534 Threads

#1 9 years ago

Blue's News: Story - StarCraft II Delayed

Today we announced that StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will not be ready for release by the end of 2009. Over the past couple of weeks, it has become clear that it will take longer than expected to prepare the new Battle.net for the launch of the game. The upgraded Battle.net is an integral part of the StarCraft II experience and will be an essential part of all of our games moving forward. This extra development time will be critical to help us realize our vision for the service.

Our mission is to develop games that deliver an epic entertainment experience. As part of that commitment, we will always take as much time as needed to ensure that our games and services meet the expectations of our players and the standard for quality that we set for ourselves as developers. As we work to make Battle.net the premier online gaming destination, we’ll also continue to polish and refine StarCraft II, and we look forward to delivering a real-time strategy gaming experience worthy of the series’ legacy in the first half of 2010.

We will share more details about the beta, Battle.net, and StarCraft II’s launch in the future. Keep an eye on the official website at StarCraft II for updates, and as always, thank you for your continued enthusiasm and support for StarCraft II and all of Blizzard Entertainment’s games.

Cry my little nerdlings, your tears fuel the forums!

Product Manager | GameFront.com

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,011 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#2 9 years ago

Not really surprising considering that they didn't start the beta test yet.

That game is going to be the mother of all rip-offs anyway. Divided into 3 parts and no lan-support? The only thing that's missing is that they'll ship it with anthrax.

Mr. Pedantic

I would die without GF

234,620 XP

8th October 2006

0 Uploads

23,127 Posts

0 Threads

#3 9 years ago

Meh. I don't mind. Starcraft 2 will probably be a good game. Though I don't really like the idea of taking away LAN and only using Battle.net. What if you have crap internet?

Cry my little nerdlings, your tears fuel the forums!

Ermm...lolwut...?

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,011 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#4 9 years ago
Mr. Pedantic;4968626Though I don't really like the idea of taking away LAN and only using Battle.net. What if you have crap internet?

I just don't like that they force you to buy multiple copies to be able to play the game with a friend who's currently in the same house as you are.

The original Starcraft had those multiplayer spawn installations for that purpose. Now they're taking that away from customers and force you to use the battlenet, which always breaks down when a new game is released. They also collect personal information if you accept battlenet policies and much more personal information than is normal.

I don't think I want to support a company like that. I'll wait for the hacks and cheap used copies and spent my money on firms that are a little less delusional.

Warborg

Revenge was here.

50 XP

2nd August 2002

0 Uploads

1,833 Posts

0 Threads

#5 9 years ago
n0e;4968552 Cry my little nerdlings, your tears fuel the forums!

You seem to be enjoying this.

Anyways my eagerness has worn off. Plus with hearing you have to buy it in three sets has been a slight turn off also. I'll still try to buy the first one.

It also seems the longer they put this off the less likely it will work on my computer.

Commissar MercZ

Notable Loser

300,005 XP

29th January 2005

0 Uploads

27,113 Posts

0 Threads

#6 9 years ago

I wonder if some other RTSs coming out around that time might decide to push themselves back now.

Or whether the angry RTS player from another game can make good on his threat to go to SC II after his dissatisfaction of another game.

Junk angel

Huh, sound?

166,880 XP

29th January 2007

0 Uploads

15,678 Posts

0 Threads

#7 9 years ago

the problem with Sc is that to most people SC IS RTS and they know nothing beyond the genre or consider it inferior because it's not Sc.

Though I was slightly surprised, thought they would be trying to hit christmas season with the first installment.

BlitZ, The 57th

Fack, Fack you, Fack that

50 XP

20th April 2007

0 Uploads

3,236 Posts

0 Threads

#8 9 years ago

Lets hope they sell the other discs at lower prices rather than try to sell all 3 at the original price of a disc.

~kev~

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

12th December 2008

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#9 9 years ago

Maybe their trying to go for some kind of record for the longest development time?

Hopefully SC2 will not turn into vaporware like duke nukem forever did. That release date kept getting pushed back time and time again. Until finally the DNF project was declared dead.

For a games release date to be pushed back again and again, its a bad sign.

BlitZ, The 57th

Fack, Fack you, Fack that

50 XP

20th April 2007

0 Uploads

3,236 Posts

0 Threads

#10 9 years ago

I'm really curious. Do the developers estimate with calculations when they will finish the game? Or Do they just set a deadline for themselves and rush themselves to meet it?