The 2016 Steam Summer Sale Thread 8 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

266,989 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,448 Posts

1,693 Threads

#1 2 years ago

It is time once again.

Share any particularly awesome deals, discuss the sales in general, etc. etc. int his thread!

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#2 2 years ago

"The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later." is my personal pick for this year. It's not on sale, but it's highlighted.

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,093 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Time for financial depression for me and anyone else who can't afford a Steam sale. :

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,716 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

793 Posts

9 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Me thinks mebbe it's time to buy Half Life and/or Half Life 2. I hope I don't get banned for saying this, but...

Spoiler: Show
I've only ever played the Half Life 2 demo

Primarch Vulkan VIP Member

For the Emperor! Knights of Caliban!

154,320 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

13,497 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago

"Superfluous Curmudgeon "Me thinks mebbe it's time to buy Half Life and/or Half Life 2. I hope I don't get banned for saying this, but...

Banhammer incoming in 3...2...1...

I haven't played Half life either.

[color=#000000][size=2][b][i]Heralds of the coming doom, Like the cry of the Raven, we are drawn, This oath of war and vengeance, On a blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#6 2 years ago

I finally picked up something from the Summer Sale... some Rocket League DLC. I also bought the Hitman Intro pack, to see if it's worth anything.

... I've also bought Sims 4 and its two expansions on Origin.

"Superfluous Curmudgeon "Me thinks mebbe it's time to buy Half Life and/or Half Life 2. I hope I don't get banned for saying this, but...

It's a good buy. A little bit dated now, but it's history.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,766 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,399 Posts

2 Threads

#7 2 years ago

If you want the free Skyrim Remastered upgrade, now is the time to upgrade to Legendary Edition.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

NeoRanger

The Curse of Snake

50 XP

29th August 2004

0 Uploads

180 Posts

0 Threads

#8 2 years ago

Look up Black Mesa as well. I still recommend going with the original, because you get more with the bundle (Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic), a shit-ton of mods and the original experience; plus Black Mesa is still in Early Access and currently the free mod version of the game is roughly the same. Look it up nonetheless.

I don't want to go overboard, because I already spent too much on the GOG sale, but I'm wondering if I should go with Wolfenstein and a few other titles or just invest on Dragon's Dogma. Dragon's Dogma looks like it's worth spending money on. Is it?

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#9 2 years ago
"Serio"I finally picked up something from the Summer Sale... some Rocket League DLC. I also bought the Hitman Intro pack, to see if it's worth anything.

Got a refund on the Hitman pack already. Bloody thing runs like arse, even on the lowest settings. I'm gonna wait until it's more polished.

I don't want to go overboard, because I already spent too much on the GOG sale, but I'm wondering if I should go with Wolfenstein and a few other titles or just invest on Dragon's Dogma. Dragon's Dogma looks like it's worth spending money on. Is it?

Dragon's Dogma is pretty good, but only if you have a controller.