The F1 2016 Thread 3 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,396 XP

15th December 2002

48 Uploads

22,460 Posts

1,702 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I know Breslin and Sheepeep both have it, but I'm holding off until I get more reviews, because 2015 was such an unfortunate broken mess.

I'd been keen to know from those who played it;

• Are there many bugs, if so, how severe?
  • Do we have Xbox One controller support back?
  • Are the physics any better?
  • Engine noises more realistic?
  • How good / stable is the multiplayer?

Also, is it still possible to do shit like this?

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I think I once managed to end up in position 16 in a race with only 14 others. No idea what version of the game that was.

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,737 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I'm not sure what "bugs" you are referring to. All I see are game elements, or features, designed to help balance the game.

c0mpliant VIP Member

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

1,947 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Get FT, it's awesome. I've played about 12 hours of it so far, very little bad to say about it to be honest. I might write up a bigger post about it in work tomorrow.

Are there many bugs, if so, how severe?One of two glitches here and there, nothing as bad as 2015. Certainly nothing that impacts gameplay massively. Do we have Xbox One controller support back?

That I don't know, I've been using my 360 pad. Are the physics any better?Physics are a slightly improved version of 2015. Word of warning though, they've now changed it so that kerbs and grass no longer act as normal track and behave as grass and kerbs should. They're slippy and they will kill you.

Engine noises more realistic?

About the same as 2015, a little improved but nothing too mad. There are different noises now between the different engines which is good. Engine noise is one of the biggest most noticeable g;itches. When you are close to other cars the other cars engine noise is almost popping in and out.

How good / stable is the multiplayer?

Very. We've been testing it quite a lot over the weekend. Australians and New Zealanders were able to host and race closely without any lag occurring. 

One new mode is the ability to host online championships. And to that end, I'd like to propose the Files Nation F1 2016 Online Championship