Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 2 years ago

So, the second and final DLC for The Witcher 3 is going to be releasing on the 31st of this month. It will send Geralt of Rivia to the region of Toussaint, with colorful new characters and environments to explore. Both from the name of the region and the name of the expansion pack, it's quite clear the region is based on France.

Will any of you be picking it up? It's listed as having 30+ hours of content, and will be retailing at €25.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,237 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,113 Posts

1,329 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I haven't even beaten Hearts of Stone yet!

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,136 XP

17th June 2002

6 Uploads

33,633 Posts

778 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I've just started (literally just got past the first stage of the quest) Hearts of Stone, and given how busy I am in real life lately I'm unlikely to finish that any time soon, let alone pick this up. I will pick it up as soon as I'm ready though, as it sounds amazing and I have nothing but love for The Witcher 3.

Even if every time I try to type 'Witcher' I inevitably come up with either 'Wither' or 'Withcer'. Not sure what's going on there.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Yeah, I haven't even finished the Witcher 3 yet, let alone Hearts of Stone. I'm on Act 3, though, but I need to get my shit together and actually power through it.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,325 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,144 Posts

5 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Darned straight I'll be picking it up. At least as long as it doesn't suck, which seems unlikely. 

The Witcher 3 is, at this point, one of the best games I've played in... not just a long while but ever. Their production values, especially considering the scope of what they've turned out, have been incredible and their first expansion (smaller than this I might add) was well worth the money. It reminds me of the good old days, where when you bought an expansion it was like a new campaign for your RTS.

More monster killing fun? Yespleasethankyou.

NeoRanger

The Curse of Snake

50 XP

29th August 2004

0 Uploads

180 Posts

0 Threads

#6 2 years ago

Eventually, yes. I love the series as a whole and the third game is along the best games I have ever played, but since I don't intend a replay any time soon, it can wait. Hell, I haven't even played Hearts of Stone.

It's definitely on my to-get list, though.

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,726 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

793 Posts

9 Threads

#7 2 years ago

Speaking of which....

GOG Sale  Also available on Steam. I don't have money for this. I'm super tempted to buy anyways though.

Here's a serious question: Will I miss out on anything if I grab TW3 now but wait 6 months for the expansions? Do they add significant features to the original game or just add supplemental content/stories? From the descriptions it looks like they are just as well installed at the end of your initial playthrough.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#8 2 years ago

Superfluous Curmudgeon Speaking of which....

GOG Sale  Also available on Steam. I don't have money for this. I'm super tempted to buy anyways though.

Here's a serious question: Will I miss out on anything if I grab TW3 now but wait 6 months for the expansions? Do they add significant features to the original game or just add supplemental content/stories? From the descriptions it looks like they are just as well installed at the end of your initial playthrough.

You won't miss out. Both expansions are traditional in the sense that they add a new campaign each. Hearts of Stone adds a new story to Oxenfurt or whatever it's called, and Blood & Wine will take you to a new region entirely. But both are disconnected from the main story.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,325 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,144 Posts

5 Threads

#9 2 years ago

I played through the original game first and I didn't notice anything particularly detrimental from then playing the expansion. It's a significant chunk of content, and there is a potential romance in it - so that's something to be aware of if you're pursuing one of the romances in the main quest and are a one-woman Witcher. I don't recall significant mechanic changes beyond the addition of runewords, (which cost a hideous amount of your hard earned cash from selling all those swords,) though. I think you'll be fine picking them up later.