Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I have to make a thread about this. I just finished Hearts of Stone yesterday, and just today Patch 1.20 landed. After finishing the DLC yesterday, I did launch New Game Plus, figuring I'd play around a bit and have an open game until Blood & Wine drops a little in price.

And then Patch 1.20. Now, this isn't a "content patch", as such, but it does overhaul the UI and inventory system. Majorly.

ta7CKuQ.jpgI use a controller, and one of the most bothersome things in the past was navigating through the inventory to find the correct item or decoction. No more is that an issue. And you no longer risk overdosing on AP potions, because there's now a toxicity meter visible in the inventory menu.

Additionally, a few features and settings have been added. You can now enable Enemy Upscaling, so you don't end up steamrolling(White Orchard at 38 was way too easy, but with upscaling, even the ghouls pose a threat) everything. It makes for a much more interesting game.

Some QOL options are included, as well; you can toggle off the fish-eye effect during witcher sense, and set the HUD size.

Honestly, this has made NG+ feel like an entirely new game, or at least a much more interesting experience for me.

darkclone

116,900 XP

10th April 2006

0 Uploads

11,075 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago
"Serio"...you can toggle off the fish-eye effect during witcher sense...

Thank fuck.

With the release of Blood and Wine, I may finally have to go back and finish Hearts of Stone.

After 80 hours that game became an absolute slog, I could not imagine playing it again for a few years at least.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,400 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#3 2 years ago

The UI is so much better.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#4 2 years ago
"darkclone"

"Serio"...you can toggle off the fish-eye effect during witcher sense...[/quote]

Thank fuck.

With the release of Blood and Wine, I may finally have to go back and finish Hearts of Stone.

After 80 hours that game became an absolute slog, I could not imagine playing it again for a few years at least.

I took a break around the 95 hour mark for a few months before returning. Honestly, I played the last few boss fights of Hearts of Stone on an easier difficulty, because they were way too poorly balanced. It had a great story, but a lot of HoS felt like it was an attempt to go Dark Souls. NG+ is totally chill, though. I just boot the game up, do a few quests, then hop out again. It's actually pretty nice. Also doing a different worldstate for the Letho quests. [quote="RadioActiveLobster"]The UI is so much better.

Oh yes, definitely. You actually get to appreciate some of the item icons, too, since they're now visible. Backgrounds are brighter, so they're easier to differentiate. Tonnes of small visual additions and changes. It's wonderful.