Please wait...

RickyWL

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#1 2 years ago

So I got into the "beta" last night and managed to play for a few hours; I ended up having quite a lot of fun! The heroes are all quite varied and the players that are clearly more skilled due to playing in previous betas wasn't annoying enough to ruin it. I am a bit worried about the amount of longevity the game will have, as while each character plays differently the matches themselves are all fairly samey. Anyone got on any thoughts on it/planning on picking it up? 

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Been looking forward to this game, though I'm bit nervous to start the beta behind people that got into the closed beta.  Don't want the frustration of being new to ruin it.

How easy is it to pick up?

RickyWL

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago

It depends on the hero really but on the whole it's very easy to just pick up and play. Each hero usually has 2 skills and an ultimate, so they're not hard to learn; I've actually thoroughly enjoyed playing a support in OW actually, which speaks well for how fun it is. There's still way more new players than there are closed beta players, so that frustration isn't too much of a problem either. 

Barbas

Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

All I know is that Tracer's a sexy little pixie. Apart from that, the graphics  engine looks nice but I don't know if I'll be picking it up. Never enjoyed TF2 much when I was trying to play it properly, after all. Lacked the skill to be much good at games like that.

Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago

I was lucky enough to find an MLP mod for me to get into TF2 with, so it's about the only MP game I enjoy.  Overwatch seems to capture some of the same stuff that I like about TF2, so I have hopes of this game.  My only concern is longevity.

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#6 2 years ago

Played a bit of the beta today.  It's fun, and it is pretty TF2-like.  Just having the same issue I have when starting any online game: I suck ass and get my ass handed to me and I get frustrated and hate/dislike the game for being too hard.  That's a personal problem, though.  Also having framerate issues, but I blame my laptop for that.

So I may pick it up and play it more.  I can say it's pretty newbie-friendly, and it won't make you feel like shit for losing, which is a bonus given there are games that are much more punishing to new players.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,402 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#7 2 years ago

Have put in an hour or so, been pretty fun.

You def need a team that knows what they are doing or you are going to get rolled over and fucked like nobodies business.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#8 2 years ago

Agreed.  I want to practice more.  I don't know the counters to everything yet nor the maps.

So far, I'm liking Mercy,  Bastion, and Reindhart.  D.Va is also a ton of fun to play.

RickyWL

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago
RadioActiveLobster You def need a team that knows what they are doing or you are going to get rolled over and fucked like nobodies business.

Yeah, it's very much a team game; It's not like LoL where one person can carry a game if they get fed enough. Like most team based MP games, it'll be more fun once the game has been out for a while and more people get to grips with what they're supposed to do.