The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 2 years ago

WhqWiCT.jpg

So, I had to post this. It boggles the mind that - in a few hours time - there'll have been as much time between Half-Life and Half-Life: Episode 2 as between the latter and now. Honestly, people keep making jokes about Episode 3, but it was something that everyone expected back then. It's almost a decade without a conclusion to Half-Life 2. We've even had spin-offs that have continued to drop hints. But no sign of that elusive game.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,291 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,141 Posts

5 Threads

#2 2 years ago

It served its purpose, it made Steam popular.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,218 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,112 Posts

1,329 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I honestly can't even come up with the will to care about Half Life and it's story anymore.

To me it's dead and at this point if it ever gets finished, I really don't care one way or the other. If it ever does, sure, I'll play it but if it doesn't, not going to lose any sleep over it.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,069 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,450 Posts

1,695 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Regrettably, I have to agree, they left me hanging too long and now I've moved on.

Any sequel now, which is very unlikely, will just be a disappointment.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Res1s7

50 XP

3rd October 2016

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago

My first post here, so Hi ! Noticed this post and thought, "could this be a name for a new HL" ?

Half Life 3: Tipping Point !

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,744 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,216 Posts

2 Threads

#6 2 years ago

I read somewhere that it's too late for 'em to release anything anyway, the expectations are way higher than anything they probably could achieve. I must admit I got into the story way later than majority of gamers, but do share the sentiment.

qjyUJrq.png

c0mpliant VIP Member

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

1,947 Posts

0 Threads

#7 2 years ago

Yeah I don't think we'll ever see a Half Life 3 at this stage, its been just too long, hype would be too high. I  thought when Source 2 came out that maybe they would announce something within weeks but we're more than a year on from that and nothing.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#8 2 years ago
"Silberio"I read somewhere that it's too late for 'em to release anything anyway, the expectations are way higher than anything they probably could achieve. I must admit I got into the story way later than majority of gamers, but do share the sentiment.

I actually think expectations peaked a few years ago, around 2014. I still stay on top of the various rumour streams, looking for a sign of some old, forgotten series being resurrected. Used to be there'd pop up a rumour about Half-Life 3 every few months. Haven't heard anything for years now. 

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,778 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,400 Posts

2 Threads

#9 2 years ago

Think about every popular Valve game. They all started as Half Life mods, and turned into full games.

So, even from a historical standpoint, it is still important. That is literally where it all started.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,069 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,450 Posts

1,695 Threads

#10 2 years ago

Half Life started from a popular Half Life mod.

Universe implodes.

:p

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com