Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Earlier this week, Polygon released a "first look" on Doom. But they seem to have picked someone who was... Not quite experienced with the game. And when I say "not quite experienced", I mean they picked someone who was so bad as controlling the player character that it was basically comedy. Have a gander at this compilation that someone put together, with some humorous music on it:

I'm rather amused by this. Some people are a bit uppity about it, but I don't see the big deal. It's not a pro-player, but it still shows the game off. 

Barbas

Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I think if you stare real close, you can just about make out the part where they switched to the keyboard and mouse.

Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg

Ryojin

lolwut?

536,502 XP

8th November 2005

5 Uploads

52,632 Posts

406 Threads

#3 2 years ago

That looks like how my mom played Halo for the first time... O.o

Disclaimer: Personal opinions still not endorsed by Ryojin.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,767 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,399 Posts

2 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Anything with the name "Polygon" attached to it should have a sign that says "Have no fucking clue what we are talking about."

Let's not forget how these are the blokes who said GTA 5 is the worst game ever, and it promotes criminal behaviour. The simple truth is that if you are fucked in the head, you are fucked in the head, and you are going to take it from wherever it comes. In the vast majority of cases, myself included, violent games help me NOT do things. An hour of playing the riot mod for GTA 5, and I forget what I was angry about. Better I slaughter virtual people than slaughter real people.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,205 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,111 Posts

1,329 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Wouldn't surprise me if they some how managed to determine that Doom is sexist as well.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,722 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

793 Posts

9 Threads

#6 2 years ago

The first portion looks about like me whenever I pick up a console controller.

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,136 XP

17th June 2002

6 Uploads

33,633 Posts

778 Threads

#7 2 years ago

Jesus H. Christ in a handbasket, I thought I was rubbish at shooters but this takes it to a whole 'nother dimension*. It looks like somebody's playing it on a gamepad, but they can't multitask at all - he has to keep stopping to aim like his hand's not big enough to keep his thumb on the analogue stick.

On a somewhat related note, as Polygon raised the issue about how racist this game is towards Hellspawn?

* That dimension is hell by the way. Zing.

Elvis Starburst

See you space cowboy...

50 XP

3rd May 2016

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#8 2 years ago

Well, given the source, I dunno what I expected. It certainly wasn't that though. That was just unfortunate

Dj6e9aG.png

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago

First off Polygon prides itself for being a progressive gaming online rag.

So instead of it's reviewers being the "Shootie  guy" the "Rts grog" or the "RPG guru" you get idiot casuals whose lamenting on the lack of (insert minority group here) representation in a game.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Barbas

Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#10 2 years ago

Was Polygon ever okay? All I hear about that website seems to be negative. But in all cereality, I don't know that they're objectively much worse than their peers. Can anyone bring me up to zoom on their ranking in the grand field of video game journ...can't do it. I can't finish that sentence. Boy, I sure am looking forward to getting Doom!

Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg