UK Charts - LEGO Star Wars The Force Unleashed knocks FIFA 16, Overwatch and DOOM down 7 replies

Please wait...

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I... actually didn't see this coming. I know the LEGO games are popular(I own almost every licensed LEGO game on Steam), but I didn't actually expect to see it trample all over franchises like FIFA and Uncharted.

According to PressA2Join, Overwatch moved up to position 3(from 4), while Doom dropped to position 4. LEGO Star Wars The Force Unleashed debuted,  soaring directly into position 1. That means the top 10 for sales this week is the following;

1. LEGO Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2. FIFA 16 3. Overwatch 4. DOOM 5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 6. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness 7. Rocket League 8. Grand Theft Auto V 9. 7 Days To Die 10. Tom Clancy's The Division

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

411 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,038 Posts

4 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Are you sure you don't mean The Force Awakens? There aren't any results in Google when I type in 'Lego Force Unleashed'.

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,136 XP

17th June 2002

6 Uploads

33,633 Posts

778 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I'm not hugely surprised by this. Considering the enormous following that The Force Awakens has among younger people - my nephew, who is also obsessed with the Lego games, must have watched it at least 20 times by now - and their similar fondness for Lego, this was bound to happen. Perhaps the key to its success is that it released on all consoles, including last gen, on which many younger people are trapped. I know my eldest nephew is relegated to an Xbox 360, while my youngest nephew is stuck with a 3DS, and both will likely have this game in their hands before the end of the summer. Its launch window in the middle of summer was a good idea.

Add in the adult fans of both Star Wars and Lego, and the generally fun nature of the Lego games that appeals even to non-fans, and you have an inevitable blockbuster.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#4 2 years ago
"random_soldier1337"Are you sure you don't mean The Force Awakens? There aren't any results in Google when I type in 'Lego Force Unleashed'.

... Oh for fucks sake. Muscle memory. I've palyed the Force Unleashed so many times that my hands automatically type it out.

Yes, Awakens. Not Unleashed.

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

411 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,038 Posts

4 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Why did you play it so often? I heard it's not as great as the developers made it out to be.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#6 2 years ago

Don't always believe what you hear. The Force Unleashed was a fine game. Certainly one of the better Star Wars games at the time.

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

411 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,038 Posts

4 Threads

#7 2 years ago

It doesn't matter. Terrible PC Optimization means I'm not playing it now, if ever. I played the second. It lagged like hell and was crazy short and felt like a worse God of War knockoff.

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,136 XP

17th June 2002

6 Uploads

33,633 Posts

778 Threads

#8 2 years ago
"Serio"Don't always believe what you hear. The Force Unleashed was a fine game. Certainly one of the better Star Wars games at the time.

I disliked it because it wasn't Jedi Knight 3. That's probably an unfair comparison to make, though.