Video Game Awards 3 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,072 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,450 Posts

1,695 Threads

#1 1 year ago

I watched this the other night and while I actually thought most of the awards given were the right decisions, I felt the presentation was tacky, marketing to the masses and pointless fluff, and less about recognising achievement in the industry.

I know this is typical of big Hollywood-style awards shows, like everything in America it's all about how much money you can make out of it, but I found out after the fact that several awards were awarded off-the-air. Hard working people have had their moment of glory bumped for bad rap music and a man dressed as a razor blade.

Am I the only one who just finds this sort of shit abhorrent?

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,219 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,112 Posts

1,329 Threads

#2 1 year ago

You mean Geoff Keighley's Game Ads?

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#3 1 year ago

The first half was a handjob and fellatio towards Kojima and the other half was all about kissing up to blizzards ass.

The end.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,095 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#4 1 year ago

I think Total Biscuit said what I thought best about these awards.  Granted, I didn't watch them because I expected it to be one giant advertisement of big-money gaming and consumer culture and not an actual celebration of the art of games. It's the same reason I don't watch E3 anymore.

I know I did upset someone calling them "a joke," but they share the same irritation that the games industry is too dominated by money nowadays.