E3 2006: Vista Launch Line-up Announced Live from the Microsoft Press Conference Vista launch titles revealed. by Kathleen Sanders
May 9, 2006 - Just now at the Microsoft Press Conference at the Electronic Entertainment Expo Microsoft announced the "Showcase lineup" of games that will be available for Microsoft's new operating system Vista in January of 2007.
The list of Vista games are as follows:
- Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures (Funcom)
- Alan Wake (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Company of Heroes (THQ)
- Crysis (EA)
- Flight Simulator X (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Halo 2 (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Hellgate: London (Namco Bandai Games America)
- Shadowrun (Microsoft Game Studios)
These titles will also be available on Windows PCs and some on Xbox 360:
- Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Battlefield 2142 (EA)
- Call of Juarez (Ubisoft)
- Desperate Housewives: The Game (Buena Vista Games)
- F.E.A.R. Extraction Point (Vivendi)
- Heroes of Might and Magic V (Ubisoft)
- Neverwinter Nights 2 (Atari Inc.)
- Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends (Microsoft Game Studios)
- SiN Episodes: Emergence (Ritual Entertainment)
- The Ship (Outerlight Ltd.)
- Titan Quest (THQ)
- Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (Sigil Games Online Inc.)
Can I ask, what does this mean for these games, are they just going to be compatible for the Vista or what. This really confused me.
the top list is Vista Only, the second is Vista/XP, and some on the 360........
i think.......im prob wrong
i wasnt planning on to get vista, well at least yet but Crysis and Hellgate: London? gah.. might change my mind.. :(
You can either agree with meor be wrong.
12th November 2003
Crysis will work on XP too right? right?!
hummmm not from what iv seen.... well atleast BF2142 will be on xp...
jackthehammerCrysis will work on XP too right? right?!
im not sure......they never said what OS they were playing it on
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.im not sure......they never said what OS they were playing it on
Crysis will be on XP using DX9 and vista will use DX10.
So far we have only seen DX9 stuff.
I didn't make it!
Crysis better have to run on Windows XP, im really not planning on buying windows vista.
when i do upgrade, it will be to a DX10 card, so im gonna get Vista.....i will prob just get a new computer, and keep my current one for Xp stuff
Ex-MøđęRāŧǿr ø₣ Geňęrāł Gāmíňĝ
31st January 2004
I think I might have to upgrade to Vista just for Crysis :p
Halo 2 should be interesting too, see if its worth all the hype - the first one was alright.