Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn Of War® Ii To Use Steamworks For Game Authentication 11 replies

Please wait...

Jeff Über Admin

I am a mean boss ⬆️⬆️⬇️⬇️⬅️➡️⬅️➡️??

184,643 XP

6th April 2000

0 Uploads

14,592 Posts

1,534 Threads

#1 10 years ago
WARHAMMER® 40,000: DAWN OF WAR® IITO USE STEAMWORKS FOR GAME AUTHENTICATION

February 5, 2009 -- THQ Inc. today announced thatWarhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II, the award winning Real-time strategy (RTS) game from Relic Entertainment, will utilize Steamworks for game authentication. Through Steam, gamers will receive the latestDawn of War II patches, updates and game content, and with a Steam account, will be able to access the game from any PC.

“We love Steamworks because it offers so many advantages for the player.” said Jonny Ebbert,Dawn of War II’s lead designer, Relic. “Gamers who purchase the game and register with Steam can install the game on as many PCs as they want, can play online or offline and no CD is required to play. Best of all, if the player ever loses the CD, the game can be downloaded for free from Steam.” Dawn of War II is scheduled for release nationwide on February 19, 2009 for Windows PC. More information on Steam can be found at www.steampowered.com.

Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II, developed by THQ's internal studio, Relic Entertainment, is a Real-time strategy (RTS) game set in the grim, war-ravaged world of Games Workshop’s Warhammer 40,000 science fiction universe. Featuring vicious front-line combat, destructible environments, a fully cooperative multiplayer mode, four unique playable races, and a non-linear single player campaign with branching storylines, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II delivers the ultimate sci-fi fantasy RTS experience for Windows PC. The game is scheduled for release nationwide on February 19, 2009 and will be available through retail and online outlets. For more information onWarhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, please visit www.dawnofwar2.com.

It could be worse, they could be using securom or starforce and supporting those worthless piles of donkey dung.

Product Manager | GameFront.com

Sgt. D. Pilla

Uber Geek

50 XP

23rd October 2007

0 Uploads

3,473 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

Feb 19 release date? Awesome! That means March 19 here! YAY!

But eh, online authentication doesn't bother me, Unless its EA's gay DRM version.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,667 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,169 Posts

6 Threads

#3 10 years ago

If I may sound like an advertising thing for a moment: I was dead set against online authentication until I tried Steam. But it's not intrusive, it provides all sorts of benefits like not having to go search for patches and so on. If it was gay like EA's crappy version where you only get X installs I'd be away to the pirate sites soon enough but Steam's a solid product without and incredibly gay restrictions. I could even install my games again on my laptop down south without having to carry loads of DVDs down in my backpack when I went home for the holidays. The only downside is if Steam ever goes under the authentication servers will too, but they make all sorts of fun illegal tools for you to ignore that =p so if the time ever comes....

Mr. Pedantic

I would die without GF

234,620 XP

8th October 2006

0 Uploads

23,127 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago
Best of all, if the player ever loses the CD, the game can be downloaded for free from Steam.”

That is good. I have a lot of games that I can't play anymore because someone filched one of the install/play CD's, or it got scratched, cracked, broken, stood on, etc. It would be nice to be able to just download another .iso and burn it to CD or mount it on a virtual drive.

crisissuit3

We will rule you

101,365 XP

17th August 2007

0 Uploads

9,209 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

i got steam on christmas when i got L4D. its pretty good.

Primarch Vulkan VIP Member

For the Emperor! Knights of Caliban!

154,320 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

13,497 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

yeah I thought this might be bad, then reading up on it further it's Good.

[color=#000000][size=2][b][i]Heralds of the coming doom, Like the cry of the Raven, we are drawn, This oath of war and vengeance, On a blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords

Mastershroom VIP Member

Frag Out!

153,685 XP

18th November 2004

0 Uploads

14,196 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago
Mr. Pedantic;4797139It would be nice to be able to just download another .iso and burn it to CD or mount it on a virtual drive.[/quote] With Steam you don't even need to do that. Once a game is done downloading via Steam, it's already installed and ready to go. [quote=Uwsar-Hat-Anupuw;4797378]yeah I thought this might be bad, then reading up on it further it's Good.

Steam is pretty awesome. I know it had a bad reputation a few years ago when it was pretty new, but it's only gotten better and better. I can think of one Steam-related crash on any of my computers in the last two years.

Primarch Vulkan VIP Member

For the Emperor! Knights of Caliban!

154,320 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

13,497 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

yeah I had steam for SIN 2it was good and ya'll know what I'm Down with steam now.

[color=#000000][size=2][b][i]Heralds of the coming doom, Like the cry of the Raven, we are drawn, This oath of war and vengeance, On a blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords

whitelancer11

I post to get attention

50 XP

30th December 2008

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago

nice.. but i think it will also be release here in march... :o got to wait

Mastershroom VIP Member

Frag Out!

153,685 XP

18th November 2004

0 Uploads

14,196 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago
whitelancer11;4797429nice.. but i think it will also be release here in march... :o got to wait

According to your address, you're in Canada. The North American release date (U.S. and Canada) is February 19th, so you don't have to wait at all.