Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,667 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,169 Posts

6 Threads

#10081 3 years ago
"Superfluous Curmudgeon "TW3. About 34 hours in at level 12. Don't know if that's really good or really bad speed, but it can be crazy difficult at times. A few of the fights had me dying 10+ times before success. One or two more I had to give up on. I might have to take a break from it soon - I think the game might be too good for my small brain to handle.

Just FYI, if you haven't figured it out already, preparation makes a massive difference in this game. First time through I tried straight-lining the main quest - got to the first fight with an overarching story-arc boss still in the starter equipment, and that fight was a cast-iron bitch. Still winnable, but it just took so long chipping away at their health with a (at that point) broken starter sword.

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

12,478 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

842 Posts

12 Threads

#10082 3 years ago
"Nemmerle"
"Superfluous Curmudgeon "TW3. About 34 hours in at level 12. Don't know if that's really good or really bad speed, but it can be crazy difficult at times. A few of the fights had me dying 10+ times before success. One or two more I had to give up on. I might have to take a break from it soon - I think the game might be too good for my small brain to handle.

Just FYI, if you haven't figured it out already, preparation makes a massive difference in this game. First time through I tried straight-lining the main quest - got to the first fight with an overarching story-arc boss still in the starter equipment, and that fight was a cast-iron bitch. Still winnable, but it just took so long chipping away at their health with a (at that point) broken starter sword.

At about level 10 I tried doing the level 8 shrieker quest and failed miserably. I had no money to buy better equipment or the ingredients to brew/craft the oils/bombs the shrieker was weak against (hence why I was doing the contract) so I just went with what I had. It destroyed me. I haven't gone back to try it again.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#10083 3 years ago

Switching between Total Warhammer  and Men of War assault squad 2.

Finally figured out how to make cascading infantry waves in a loop (MOW2's Gem editor) downloaded a bunch of Isis skins and let them feebly smack into my well fortified bunker and foxholes filled to the brim with angry Helghast troopers. (Been laughing maniacally for the past two hours as a result)

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Mikey Über Admin

47,176 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,963 Posts

223 Threads

#10084 3 years ago

I'm gonna have a go on Elite Dangerous today and see how I do.

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,667 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,169 Posts

6 Threads

#10085 3 years ago

Elite Dangerous was virtually unplayable until I got a decent joystick and throttle. Although, there are videos on youtube of people doing some fantastic flying with mouse and keyboard ^_^

AOE2 Addict

12,478 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

842 Posts

12 Threads

#10086 2 years ago

Finished TW3 main quest. It was epic. Decided to play through Mass Effect 1 again. Still enjoying it but wow, it feels like a rushed under-budget indie game in comparison. Granted, it's an unfair comparison on so many levels, but still... I have no idea how Shepherd united the galaxy with how childish/naive he/she is. The dialogue options and exchanges are just absurd sometimes. And some of the other choices that were made are outright frustrating. Like having a 2-minute unskippable cutscene with no auto-save or other save option just before plunging you completely out in the open to face a boss battle. If you don't crank the difficulty down or have good equipment and do everything just right, you're dead in less than 5 seconds. Sometimes instantaneously if a sniper happens to fire at you right away. It's pretty glitchy too. I had one battle where I'd almost eliminated a sea of enemies, only to fall through the floor and out of bounds.

It was a great game for its time, but it's definitely aging.

Ryojin

lolwut?

536,504 XP

8th November 2005

5 Uploads

52,632 Posts

406 Threads

#10087 2 years ago

Started playing a game that was in my Steam library... Have no idea how I got it, prolly one of the Humble Bundle Monthly packages... Anyway, it's called Istrolid. It's interesting. I dunno how much I like it just yet, as I haven't spent too much time on it yet, but it doesn't seem bad so far. Build your ships, managing things like speed, power, dps, turn speed, etc. Then, it's pretty much a point control game. Send your ships to the big circles in the level to capture them. Capture all of them, and you win. Just gotta watch out for enemy ships. Dunno if there's more to gameplay than that yet, as I haven't gotten that far yet, but I guess I'll see.

Disclaimer: Personal opinions still not endorsed by Ryojin.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#10088 2 years ago

Homeworld Remastered with update 2.0 : Fucken patch broke all the big mods!

*Sigh* Back to vanilla again...

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Primarch Vulkan VIP Member

For the Emperor! Knights of Caliban!

154,320 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

13,497 Posts

0 Threads

#10089 2 years ago

Total War: Warhammer I only wish it was Warhammer 40k :(

[color=#000000][size=2][b][i]Heralds of the coming doom, Like the cry of the Raven, we are drawn, This oath of war and vengeance, On a blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords

AOE2 Addict

12,478 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

842 Posts

12 Threads

#10090 2 years ago

Finished ME 1. I told myself I wouldn't rush. 12-14 hours later I was done. Don't think that plan worked out so well. Now onto ME 2. The first play through 2 years ago I liked it the most out of the series, so I might really actually for reals this time not rush through this one.