Will 2008 be remembered as a great year of gaming? 3 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago
Just like I said, will 2008 be remembered as a great year of gaming? It already looks like one I mean games like, Call of Duty 4 modern warfare, Fallout 3, was released or will, be released this year. Everything got better this year, the sound, the graphics etc. Tell me what you think will 2008 be remembered as great year of gaming? Tell me and we could be laughing at your answer!:rofl:

Isaac2pointO

Forever honorable in my ways

50 XP

14th February 2007

0 Uploads

102 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

I believe 2008 will go down in history sorta as a Re-invention of modern gameing, like you said everything

Isaac2pointO

Forever honorable in my ways

50 XP

14th February 2007

0 Uploads

102 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

sorry bout that couldn't edit it and make longer continueing where I got cut off; like everything you said, things this year have dramatically improved from graphics to videogame plots and such. things like the new environment destruction engine for Force unleashed that lets things break differently according to force and the specific area of impact making a piece of ply wood break differently everytime its hit. things like this are bound to get better with time, so I look forward to the games this next year or the next after, how can they make whats already great, amazing!

liddlemonkey

Not little. Not a monkey.

50 XP

28th May 2008

0 Uploads

139 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago
Viper15;4533068
Just like I said, will 2008 be remembered as a great year of gaming? It already looks like one I mean games like, Call of Duty 4 modern warfare, Fallout 3, was released or will, be released this year. Everything got better this year, the sound, the graphics etc. Tell me what you think will 2008 be remembered as great year of gaming? Tell me and we could be laughing at your answer!:rofl:

Sorry to be a know it all but COD4 was released in November 2007.

TBH most of what's come out this year has been poor sequels and additons to creaking franchises (For example Alone in the Dark was annoying and repetitive and Clear Sky just doesn't work properly). There's been a lot of console conversion type stuff as well and...well I like a bit of platforming or some mindless shoot-em-uppery but the main reason I'm a PC gamer and not a console kiddie is that I like my games to have that extra depth that you only really seem to get on the PC (or games by the former Rare on console). [Insert ranting console fanboy comments where console fanboys prove they are just as intelligent as PC gamers by using the words Fag and n00b a lot]

And the sequels that looked good have slipped (For example Project Origin). If Far Cry 2 sucks then this will be a bit of a disappointing year for the PC gamer.