StickDeath

Last Defender of Earth

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

What are the chances that this will be released on XBox 360, I for one would like to see it on the 360, maybe not released the same time as PC, but maybe later, don't get me wrong, I am going to get it on PC. But I tend to be better at FPS' on consoles for some reason.

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,654 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#2 12 years ago

There aren't really any plans for a console port right now, despite quite a few people wanting one.

But, given id Software's interest in the next-gen console hardware, I'd say there's a fair chance that they'd handle a console port eventually, provided the 360's online has improved over it's predecessor's.

If a console port does come around then it's likely that parts of the engine would need to be rewritten, so you probably won't see it for some time after the PC release.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

StickDeath

Last Defender of Earth

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

have you seen BattleField 2 on the 360 it is completly different from the PC version, but IF there is a port of ET: Quake Wars, I hope it is similar to the PC version, not a completly different re-write.

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,654 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#4 12 years ago

I don't really pay much attention to Battlefield these days. After Vietnam, the series went somewhat downhill.

But, that's a discussion for another forum. :p

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

StickDeath

Last Defender of Earth

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

True it is for a different forum, I was just using it as an example of a port. where they probably meant to do a little tweaking, but ended up re-writing the thing.