Keirgo

Formerly -Sirius-

50 XP

1st July 2003

0 Uploads

2,379 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

I was look through IGN when I came across an E3 news article saying that the Xbox 360 was running at one-third of its power, if that is true, I cant wait to see what it can do at full power, and even now at one-third the games look awesome, so imagine at 100% power.

The article in question: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/615/615667p1.html

Bebop13

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

6th January 2005

0 Uploads

616 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

its bull shyt after they saw what the ps3 can do M$ would say anything.

Giz

Massivis Effectivous

116,112 XP

8th May 2002

0 Uploads

9,297 Posts

922 Threads

#3 13 years ago
Bebop13its bull shyt after they saw what the ps3 can do M$ would say anything.

Try reading the article... :rolleyes:

When asked about this issue our source replied that the current playable 360 games would all have framerate issues due to the fact that they are running on alpha test units. A rough estimate placed these machines at about one-third as powerful as the 360. We went head-to-head in Top Spin 2 and noticed that there were visible jaggies and a few frame drops. This is because the Alpha units do not run anti-aliasing and simply don't have the power to run a high-res game at full quality. The developers had tuned Top Spin 2 to run at a smooth 60 frames per second but this was simply not possible on the Alpha hardware. Official sources place the final development kit dates for July and the results promise to look much better.

Keirgo

Formerly -Sirius-

50 XP

1st July 2003

0 Uploads

2,379 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Yes, read the article first before coming to any conclusions. :rolleyes:

So I wonder if the games showed will actually look any better (besides the anti-aliasing being enabled), or just give a performance/fps boost?

knipple

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,739 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Do people here ACTUALLY believe that Microsoft didn't see the PS3 until the general public did? Trust me, information get out and people know capabilities as they build different games on consoles. We know what our competition for the IGF looked like before IGF ever came

Keirgo

Formerly -Sirius-

50 XP

1st July 2003

0 Uploads

2,379 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

IGF? :confused: