*The.Doctor

Trust me, I'm a Doctor

102,440 XP

25th November 2003

0 Uploads

9,964 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Sorry if this have been asked before, but i'm soon going to be getting a good amount of money and have been thinking about getting a 360. But i was wondering, i've been hearing everywhere that you need a HDTV to really make the games look good, and something about problems like not being able to read some text and things like that without HD. but i don't have a HDTV, and can't save up that much money to get one.

I was wondering how well the 360 would look on a plain old 32" SDTV? Would it still look way better than the old xbox graphics do?

Oh, a bit off topic but, how often is the backwards compatibility updated to add more games? right now only half of my old Xbox games are supported.

Deimos

Pierce the Heavens

50 XP

27th January 2003

0 Uploads

9,197 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Well, the 360 looks quite a bit more decent than the Xbox, yeah, but not too much more. A better frame-rate in larger games (such as the living and breathing world of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion) will probably be more noteworthy to you.

The 360 isn't eye stabbingly ugly in standard definition, no... but having an HDTV makes things much better. You get the full experience, in my opinion. ;)

As far as not being able to read text on SDTVs... the only case I've heard of this is with Capcom's Dead Rising (sweet game, by the way). The excuse given is that the game was developed on the basis of using an HDTV (or something like that).

I'm not sure how frequently the backwards compatibility roster for games gets updated, but I do know that it's easy as pie to get the latest patch for 'em via an Xbox Live update.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

360userbar.gif

Fear-No-Evil

Pending Further Assignment

50 XP

9th May 2005

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Yup. I own an X360 on a 20 inch SD-TV and most games look just fine. It's true, Dead Rising can be annoying with that text issue, but if you set it to widescreen its not so bad at all.

*The.Doctor

Trust me, I'm a Doctor

102,440 XP

25th November 2003

0 Uploads

9,964 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

So the text issue is only with Dead Rising? Thats good to hear!

I own an X360 on a 20 inch SD-TV and most games look just fine.

Do they still look alot higher detail and smoother then the old Xbox games?

Fear-No-Evil

Pending Further Assignment

50 XP

9th May 2005

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

yup, as far as I can tell. It's not like owning an SDtv will instantly ruin your 360 experience, it'll just be a slighty lower quality than HDtv play. Hardly worth worrying about.

Guns4Hire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd September 2002

0 Uploads

15,559 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago
Fear-No-Evil;3382104yup, as far as I can tell. It's not like owning an SDtv will instantly ruin your 360 experience, it'll just be a slighty lower quality than HDtv play. Hardly worth worrying about.

Still makes no sense. It's like buying a hi def TV and using rabbit ears. It's your coin though. have fun.

haadiy

Master Anarki

50 XP

23rd November 2006

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

lolx funny

ffrookie6

A Man Chooses, A Slave Obeys..

50 XP

8th August 2006

0 Uploads

443 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

dont worry about it i got a standard tv and it works great :) although sometimes i cant really see cuase my screen might be too small..but its very good :)

like i said dont worry about it..

and about the backwards shit..they will only target the best hits games first..and maybe some older games then newer ones >>

Smitty025

The local Paultard

50 XP

24th May 2003

0 Uploads

6,469 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago
beef flaps;3382294It's like buying a hi def TV and using rabbit ears.

So? With a HD signal, its digital, so either you get it or you don't. The quality is the same, no static, unlike analog broadcasts. Over the air signals are pretty much the same as using a cable box, except there are fewer channels.

Anyway, like everyone's said, it should be fine to use on your TV.