15th July 2005

0 Uploads

114 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

I think this will really hurt sales.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25239

The anti-price war

UNTIL SONY STARTED mouthing off about how expensive the PlayStation 3 is going to be, things were looking pretty purdy for the price of the Xbox 360. Now with the release coming closer and closer and speculation hitting new highs many are thinking that Microsoft will raise the as yet unannounced price of the Xbox 360 from an expected £200 - £250 to as high as £300.

This is expected to be done for two reasons – for one, with the price of the PS3 expected to be magnificent, Microsoft can raise the price of the Xbox 360 and still not be the most expensive console on the market. Secondly for brand purposes if the Xbox 360 is significantly cheaper than the PS3 – up to £100 cheaper, perhaps – then to consumers not as in-the-know as somebody who has been following every inch of these two machines as they have been developed will see the Xbox 360 as an inferior product.

Maybe this means that Microsoft might actually make a profit off of the Xbox 360? One thing is for sure, the consumer sure as hell won't…

da homie

gangsta poster

50 XP

7th August 2005

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

i dont really care if PS3 is more expensive ! it's double the power and im a PS fan not an Xbox fan !!

70'sPowerHouse

~Boundless Choatic Powers~

50 XP

26th July 2005

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

well that realy sucks i wanted to get one...wish i new what the price was ive been saving up lol...i need to know the price. but i guess i dont care as long as its cheeper then ps3 so i can get more games lol. and that guys is rong ps3 is actualy the same in gfx and 360 is superior in proceser power....360 rules!!!!

Vivi

Black-Magic Master

50 XP

12th August 2005

0 Uploads

102 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

They wont because its not half as good!

Yannick

A psychedelic experience.

50 XP

16th April 2004

0 Uploads

10,644 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Meh, this is why I don't go for consoles. Spend the money on a new PC and have much more fun.

Guns4Hire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd September 2002

0 Uploads

15,559 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago
BlіtzkrіegMeh, this is why I don't go for consoles. Spend the money on a new PC and have much more fun.

Please don't compare a PC to a console. 101 millionth time.

Aside from the fanboy (PS3 is better woot) comments. Yeah this stinks but it won't stop me from still buying it. Nothing will keep me from playing PGR3!!!! :beer:

Hmmmdonut

The real Homer

50 XP

6th July 2005

0 Uploads

441 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago
da homiei dont really care if PS3 is more expensive ! it's double the power and im a PS fan not an Xbox fan !!

No. I orginally thought that M$ would release the 360 at $360 USD. Seems like a logical price point, and when the PS3 debuts at its $400+ price point MS could just drop to $300 or even below.

KB-Smoker

Just chillen...

50 XP

15th July 2005

0 Uploads

114 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago
70'sPowerHousewell that realy sucks i wanted to get one...wish i new what the price was ive been saving up lol...i need to know the price. but i guess i dont care as long as its cheeper then ps3 so i can get more games lol. and that guys is rong ps3 is actualy the same in gfx and 360 is superior in proceser power....360 rules!!!!

The ps3 cell processor just kills the 360's processor....its not even close. As for gpu they are about even.

Ps3>>>>>xbox 360 in power.