Xbox 720 Rumors 6 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 6 years ago

More rumors have surfaced as IGN as the source. The Xbox 720, allegedly codenamed "loop," will be much smaller than the 360. They are stating this will help get production cost down enough to heighten the Kinect adoption rates. On even bigger rumor-mill news, the box will run a modified yet-to-be-annouced version of WINDOWS 9.

The processor will have a "main" core which will have "multiple dedicated assistive cores for graphics, AI, physics, sound, networking, encryption and sensors. It will be custom designed by Microsoft and two partners based on the ARM architecture." Additionally, this set-up will be based off the Zune HD hardware. I can not stress enough that all these are rumours and should not be taken as fact until detailed specs come to fortion at next years E3, which is also rumored to be the official annoucement of the system.

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#2 6 years ago

Will it have a 55% - 70% fail rate?

SuperSmeg

Renegade Cybertronian

50 XP

22nd September 2005

0 Uploads

10,694 Posts

0 Threads

#3 6 years ago

lamarwisneski;5597621More rumors have surfaced as IGN as the source. The Xbox 720, allegedly codenamed "loop," will be much smaller than the 360. They are stating this will help get production cost down enough to heighten the Kinect adoption rates. On even bigger rumor-mill news, the box will run a modified yet-to-be-annouced version of WINDOWS 9.

The processor will have a "main" core which will have "multiple dedicated assistive cores for graphics, AI, physics, sound, networking, encryption and sensors. It will be custom designed by Microsoft and two partners based on the ARM architecture." Additionally, this set-up will be based off the Zune HD hardware. I can not stress enough that all these are rumours and should not be taken as fact until detailed specs come to fortion at next years E3, which is also rumored to be the official annoucement of the system.

Yes, because IGN is so reliable. :rolleyes:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 6 years ago

Yes...I do agree..that it may have because it is reliable.

GateCrusher420 VIP Member

What is this place?

71,255 XP

17th February 2007

0 Uploads

6,233 Posts

1 Threads

#5 6 years ago
Killer Kyle;5597637Will it have a 55% - 70% fail rate?

Probably. If this rumor is true, lets hope Microsoft did their homework and will get things right on this console instead of having most all of their first gens crashing and burning.

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,406 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,654 Posts

779 Threads

#6 6 years ago

lamarwisneski;5597621More rumors have surfaced as IGN as the source. The Xbox 720, allegedly codenamed "loop," will be much smaller than the 360. They are stating this will help get production cost down enough to heighten the Kinect adoption rates. On even bigger rumor-mill news, the box will run a modified yet-to-be-annouced version of WINDOWS 9.

I am reasonably sure that almost everything in this post is wrong, except for the fact that there will be a new Xbox console.

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#7 6 years ago

Just the fact that they had the foresight to implement vapor chamber cooling on the 360, which is common on high end GPUs now, only to botch it because they chose to cheaply snap vs screw it firmly in place with proper pressure, is an indication of how their "production cost" mantra is over excessive in many ways. There's a lot more important things than trying to be the value leader when it comes to consoles.

The snap in cooler was one of the primary causes of RRoD syndrome, and it would have been SO much easier and cheaper to just mount it properly, vs deal with 1000s of returns because of it. MS hardware designers are idiots. They should just contract their console designs out to someone whom specialize in gaming hardware and be done with it, and only handle the software, marketing and support end.