xBox360 or PS...2? 42 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

ok, well i'm in a pretty odd situation. My birthday is coming up, and i don't know if i should get a PS2, or an xBox360, which comes out on the month of my birthday. :confused: Of course, the obvious answer would be to just get the 360 since it's newer right? but the thing is, since the PS2 isn't so expensive, i might be able to get it BEFORE my birthday (maybe even in like a week). also, PS2 has a lot of REALLY good games, but when the 360 comes out it will have very few at first. so the final question is: should i get the slightly older system, without having to wait long, or should i get the newer, much more expensive one but have to wait a while? and if your going to say "Just get both!" well, uh no. that won't work. ok thanks :bows:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 13 years ago

ull b way better off with the 360 and there will b alot of games at the 360 launch soo ud b better off with the 360...

Lyon

90% sarcastic

50 XP

8th July 2003

0 Uploads

6,161 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Ps2 is already old, outdated, and underpowered. It's the weakest of the three consoles and your best valuble option is a normal XboX. It's more powerfull, has a great choice of games, and cheaper (Ps2 is a market demon thus has a higher price).

Wait for a 360.

Locomotor

in spite of erosion

50 XP

13th May 2004

0 Uploads

3,490 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Agreed, a 360 will be a much better investment, I may just be abandoning my PC gaming for about a year after the launch of the 360. Its games are going to look absolutely stunning on my new HDTV. Otherwise they'd look mediocre on my PC with about a $1000 investment. Go with the 360, the wait isn't to much longer, and you'll be glad once you pop in Oblivion or Ghost Recon: AWF.

Juparis

Ohax Nuv

50 XP

4th December 2004

0 Uploads

104 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Xbox 360 and PS3 are about evenly matched, even though everyone's trying to stress the few specs of power differences...

But a 360 and a PS2? 360 is just so much better; even if you're a big fan of Sony, it's better to be patient and get the next big hit instead of settling for less and becoming outdated almost immediately..

carl4286

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2004

0 Uploads

1,605 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Keep in mind that when you say "the slightly older system", you are really saying "the 4 year old system that is out-processed by my iPod".... maybe not, but you see my point. The PS2 has a 333MHz (ish) processor (same as that of the PSP), while the XBOX360 has a tri-core 3.2GHz processor with an independent (kick ass) graphics processor. Technical mumbo-jumbo aside, the 360 has Halo 3, is backwards compatible with XBOX games (which means Halo's 1 and 2), plays DVDs, future HD-DVDs, has a 20GB hard drive (right?) for music, recorded TV, recorded games, game saves... whatever, wireless controllers, and thats all I can think of at the moment. It's worth the wait.

DJSephiroth

Dont Fear Hell, Fear ME!

50 XP

3rd August 2005

0 Uploads

206 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

Wait too PS3 comes.

Locomotor

in spite of erosion

50 XP

13th May 2004

0 Uploads

3,490 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

DJ was kidding. You'll want the 360, just think... Oblivion!!!

DJSephiroth

Dont Fear Hell, Fear ME!

50 XP

3rd August 2005

0 Uploads

206 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

No I was serius, PS is much bether than X-Box, even Gamecube is Bether than X-Box!!

Sequoia

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

28th July 2005

0 Uploads

50 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

go with the Xbox 360....better graphics, better games, and RE 5!!!!! ONLY for Xbox