Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

So, how many though Wind Waker was a good "Zelda" game? I previously posted I din't think it was? Because of it I'm wondering of the quality of the new Zelda.

1. A major complaint from Wind Waker, was that ithe game froze, evertime you hit a bad guy, with your sword. The new Zelda still had this "feature" at "E3 04".

2. The Music was also lackluster, in my oppion, or maybe just not as EPIC as the N64 Zelda series.

3. The return of "Epona" (Disclaimer: "Nintendo" niether confirms nor denies that the horse was/will be named "Epona") is one thing I like.

4. The Graphics, Which were better? Zelda GCN promo (GCN release, "OoT" ish...), "Zelda Wind Waker", "Zelda Four Swords GCN" or the new Look? I liked the WindWaker look, but the Zelda05 does look real good. :D

Three Things make a "Zelda" game in my oppion..., 1. Story 2. Music 3. The main character must be a boy dressed like "Robin Hood".

And "Zelda 2005, will it bomb or not?? ?? ??"

Duel

Raad the avatar

50 XP

7th December 2004

0 Uploads

37 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago
Monster_userSo, how many though Wind Waker was a good "Zelda" game? I previously posted I din't think it was? Because of it I'm wondering of the quality of the new Zelda. 1. A major complaint from Wind Waker, was that ithe game froze, evertime you hit a bad guy, with your sword. The new Zelda still had this "feature" at "E3 04". 2. The Music was also lackluster, in my oppion, or maybe just not as EPIC as the N64 Zelda series. 3. The return of "Epona" (Disclaimer: "Nintendo" niether confirms nor denies that the horse was/will be named "Epona") is one thing I like. 4. The Graphics, Which were better? Zelda GCN promo (GCN release, "OoT" ish...), "Zelda Wind Waker", "Zelda Four Swords GCN" or the new Look? I liked the WindWaker look, but the Zelda05 does look real good. :D Three Things make a "Zelda" game in my oppion..., 1. Story 2. Music 3. The main character must be a boy dressed like "Robin Hood". And "Zelda 2005, will it bomb or not?? ?? ??"

don't know what game you played, but my WW never froze when i hit someone with my sword, was a shame not to have epona but still we had the king of hryule(sp?) i did like the graphics and yeah the new one does look so much better, and what do you mean 'the main character must be a boy dressed like Robin hood'? i really haven't had time to look at whole thing, but seen screenies, and link is still in this tunic

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 14 years ago

I liked Wind Waker myself. Graphics were very nicely done, and the story was pretty good as well. Now from what I have seen in the demo, Zelda 2005 will only be tons better. The graphics look simply amazing. I will be checking this game out.

JP(NL)

Flying Dutchman

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

8,315 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I liked the wind waker, only thing I didn't like about it was that there weren't enough challenging dungeons.

I think it's a good move by Nintendo to create a "realistic" Zelda, since that's what most people want. (why people thought the windwaker's graphics looked gay was beyond me.)

Anyways, I think the new Zelda game will be excellent. The graphics look superb and the game is being developed by nintendo themselves... what's not to like?

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
I liked the wind waker, only thing I didn't like about it was that there weren't enough challenging dungeons.

I agree. That! was the other thing. Dropping from six to two, is a BIG drop... even over 2 games.

'ID[Duel']don't know what game you played, but my WW never froze when i hit someone with my sword,..... 'the main character must be a boy dressed like Robin hood'?

WW Freezes in a semi slow motion "Matrix Effect", for about .5 seconds. Not noticable going against one enemy, but try using the Hurricane spin against 12 guys fast, it'll look like the game is glitching and freezing up.

Classic paintings, plays, and Cartoons about "Robin Hood" show him a green tunic like Link's, especially like in Ocarina of Time. Ole "Robin Hood" was a robber/bandit who lived in the forest, and always carried a Bow, and sometimes a sword, back in medieval[sp] Europe.

It is my understanding Mr. Myamoto (creator of Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong,etc.) is a fan of European medieval romantic legends. Such as Peter Pan (fairy, green tunic), Robin Hood (once again green tunic, lives in forest, uses a bow), The Lord of the Rings(elves, orcs,etc.), and others (Ivanhoe?). This is then mixed with traditonal Japanese culture, to create a whole new world (Hyrule).

Duel

Raad the avatar

50 XP

7th December 2004

0 Uploads

37 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
Monster_userI agree. That! was the other thing. Dropping from six to two, is a BIG drop... even over 2 games. WW Freezes in a semi slow motion "Matrix Effect", for about .5 seconds. Not noticable going against one enemy, but try using the Hurricane spin against 12 guys fast, it'll look like the game is glitching and freezing up. Classic paintings, plays, and Cartoons about "Robin Hood" show him a green tunic like Link's, especially like in Ocarina of Time. Ole "Robin Hood" was a robber/bandit who lived in the forest, and always carried a Bow, and sometimes a sword, back in medieval[sp] Europe. It is my understanding Mr. Myamoto (creator of Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong,etc.) is a fan of European medieval romantic legends. Such as Peter Pan (fairy, green tunic), Robin Hood (once again green tunic, lives in forest, uses a bow), The Lord of the Rings(elves, orcs,etc.), and others (Ivanhoe?). This is then mixed with traditonal Japanese culture, to create a whole new world (Hyrule).

yes i know the story seen the many films, i rob fromt he rich and give to the poor, thats all well all i was saying was that the way you put it, made it sound like you said it was a bad thing

TheyMightBeJedi

GF makes me horny

50 XP

2nd December 2004

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I didn't really like wind waker all that much. :dropsjaw: Yeah, I know. I just didn't like the graphics, they did look nice and were really smoothly animated. But i played OoT and Majora's Mask far too much to really get into it. Likewise I enjoyed the immense world that OoT and Majora's Mask had(immense for the times anyway) but... I enjoyed running through that world, through the forests mountains etc. Not seeing nothing but blue 360 for 2 minutes to get to the next island. So i'm happy to see link returning to these old school style (though very pretty) looks.

Cheers :beer:

Flodgy

I'm way cooler than n0e (who isn't though?)

50 XP

27th May 2004

0 Uploads

6,034 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

i dunno if it'll go to well cause gamecude has lost a lot of popularity im even heading towards PS2 more now.

But It might go better because it's MA +15 in australia.

Aeroflot

I would die without GF

169,400 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

15,205 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Zelda Wind Waker pwnz. I played that with my friend and beat the game in two days. (We were fooling around a lot.) We pretended that we were pirates and raided the guard posts in the sea XD

The graphics are nice, a big change from Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask. The graphics actually look 3D in Wind Waker :p At first, everything seemed wierd, but the graphics grew on me. Graphics get a 9/10.

I liked the storyline, although Ocarina of time was better. Well, maybe I just wasn't used to the idea of story; that probably turned me off a little. The whole game goes down a little if the storyline is bad, but luckely, the stroyline was about a 8/10.

The dungeons were not too difficult, but I still liked them a lot. Ocarina of Time's Shadow Temple (and the well) was probably my all time favorite. (That place used to creap out my friend.) The best dungeon in Wind Waker was the actual castle under the sea. Dungeons get a 7/10.

I liked the weapons and abilities of the game. The helicopter thing was cool, I enjoyed flying around and drowing myself :p The ship was teh 1337z0rs. I love that cannon! I sunk a bunch of battleships with that thing. Without the cannon, the game wouldn't of been as great. Can't play pirates without a cannon! Weapons are a 9.5/10.

Characters give a nice feel to a game. Wind Waker didn't have many interessting characters, except for the giant bird. I loved the characters from Ocarine of Time and Majora's Mask. Seeing characters being brought over from game to game makes you feel like you've known them for a while. Characters in Wind Waker get a 7/10

Wind Waker is a great game overall. It has some flaws and disappointments, but some aspects of the game make up a bit for the setbacks. The game could of used better dungeons and characters, as well as a more clever storyline. The game gets a 8.1/10.

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

The Castle under the sea? Next time just say what it is... The castle from Ocarina, remodeled by Hyrulian Carpenters, then by Moblins. :D

I made "Robin Hood" sound like a bad thing? As for the Tunic design, I really don't care much, except I'm used to the green tunics, in Zelda.