mad_designer

mad designer

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#81 15 years ago

Thats not a bad Idea, but you have to remember the limitations the federation has, a ship like that wouldn't be feasable for the federation because of the amount of resources that it would take to build and the time it would take, so it would be easier to build several smaller ships that are cheaper and easier to build than one ship that would take forever, making it easier for enemy ships to destroy it during construction and loose all the resources. If you wanted to make a large ship on your own, all you would have to do is change the odf scale number to increase its size on an already existing ship like I did for the Balance of Power, then add more weapons and everything else. If you'd like to start editing odf on your own but don't know how, use this link and download the file: http://www.armada2files.com/file.info?ID=3179 . This program allows you to load an existing ODF file then simply tell it what you want by adding new numbers or weapons and it will then automaticly change the file to the correct format when you save it.

Hexit

Trekkie

50 XP

20th February 2004

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#82 15 years ago

Thanks Mad Designer. Building upon my previous idea, you could build several small ships of varying classes (probally 6 to 8 of them that can fight, move independetly,etc) but then like the FC's' and TFC's' arrange them selves and combine. And i was exagerating (i do this alot) when i said it was "HUGE". I was thinking more along a 1/3 of the size of a fusion cube, but firepower to be similar or to rival. And you saying about resource costs for, it wouldn't be too much (would it???).

Oh well, i can take critisism :fistpunch: seeming as i'm not a modder (me + modding = melted computer :type: ), and you've had experience, i imagine you know what your on about.

I'll shut up now...

mad_designer

mad designer

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#83 15 years ago

Accually, I'm not that experienced. Untill January of this year, I didn't even know that you could make mods for a game. The mods I made are copies of pre-existing ships/stations/weapons that I renamed and changed some details with the ODF. In fact, If it wasn't for the above program, the Balance of Power class wouldn't exist, because without it, I don't have a clue about how to moddify ODF files. The only other reason that my mods work is due to a fat load of help from this forum, other users helped me with my problems with the special weapons and that helped me to make myself less dependant on help, although I still need it everyonce in a while. That's why I help other people if I can, I'm repaying every one who helped me by helping everyone else.