Just was browsing around, and stumbled on A2files.com... nice site, although I can't see my text right now in this forum as I type it.. blue on black.. eee!
Anyways, here's a link to the official SW:FC Mapping ODFs. These files allow you to make maps using the Star Wars units from SW:FC v1.1.
Basically, extract these files into your Armada2/odfs/other/ directory, and then start up the map editor as normal. You'll then be able to place and manipulate Star Wars ships/stations/objects/etc... including stuff that isn't buildable in SW:FC!
Keep in mind that this will only place ships/etc. that are in version 1.1. Version 1.2 will have an updated editor set containing the new ships...
Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't announce Star Wars: Fleet Command v1.2 as well :)
Here's what is getting done:
- No more shockwaves on medium ships. Only on the heavy-super heavy ships and stations.
- The shield effects will be getting redone... most likely as small explosions, but possibly as very small "glowies" like XWA shield hits.
- Tweaked Gravity Well effects on CGT arrays. (In other words, gravity wells on these will last ALOT longer...)
- TIE Phantoms will now be able to cloak correctly... (finally)
- Torpedo and Laser ranges will now be equal.. on fighters.
- Bombers and missile/torp ships will retain the longer-ranged torpedoes for bombardement.
- Adjusted Centerpoint weapon effect. (It'll be 3D now, so it'll hit everything in a spherical area around the point of impact)
- Centerpoint will now be able to be used like an artillergy ship... you must have a target in order to fire it!
- Fix for the Ion Turret so it actually points a barrel at what it's firing at (One barrel, if possible).
- Mercenaries will now be available for hire from your local Starbases (as soon as you have a Trade Station up).
- The Modified Strike Cruiser will be making an appearance as the new NR interdictor...
- New Loading Screens (SW:FC specific).
- Support included for placing SW:FC units on new or existing maps in the map editor...
- Numerous performance-enhancing changes.
(And last, but certainly not least...)
- Included music, as well as a replacement title track!
- Several new tech modes... "A New Hope Era", "Empire Strikes Back Era", "Return of the Jedi Era", and possibly "Dark Force Rising Era". I'll leave you all to figure out what each of these modes does
Questions? Comments? Snide Remarks? ;)
Will you be adding the Eclipse Super Star Destroyer? Please say you will be, because its a very, very powerfull ship and very big (it'll make the Soveriegn SSD look like a kitten).
And what about the Deathstar? will that be in the game. I had a thought that you could make loadable missions from the films or based around the films. The Battle of Endor would be good.
How about a Yuuhzan Vhong side?
p.s. I love this mod. I think it is the best mod around.
The Eclipse SSD and the Sovereign SSD are almost the same size, and only differ by 5 or so gravity well projectors, and maybe 50 turbolasers. And since I really enjoy the Sov more than the Eclipse (which is overused), the Sov is what we'll stay at :)
Besides, the Imps have enough power already... no need to give them ANOTHER super ship ;)
The Deathstar will be coming back in Patch 1.2 as a map unit. There will be themed maps, like Endor.
The YV are planned as an eventual expansion side to SW:FC.
Thanks for the questions and comment! :)
The eclipse would be fun, imagine a fleet of sovereign SSD, SSD and the eclipse SSD and after all it was the reborn emporers flagship.
But your the one making the patch not me.