crisissuit3

We will rule you

101,365 XP

17th August 2007

0 Uploads

9,209 Posts

0 Threads

#1 8 years ago

... Ok, as most of you should know, I am a teen. (so close to adult through... so very close) Since I am a teen I am very worried about my social status in my life. I aim for a "Guy that everyone knows and can easily hang out with" as of which I try not to annoy people. But this always bothers me. My definition of a "..." is to express annoyance or sarcasm when it cannot be expressed verbally. so say I'm chatting with a friend and they go "Haha..." this bothers me to know end as I wonder "did I actually say something funny, or is the guys being a jerkoff?" So my question is, what else could a "..." be used for, and how do you use it?

Ryojin

lolwut?

536,504 XP

8th November 2005

5 Uploads

52,632 Posts

406 Threads

#2 8 years ago
Ellipsis is a mark or series of marks that usually indicate an intentional omission of a word in the original text. An ellipsis can also be used to indicate a pause in speech, an unfinished thought, or, at the end of a sentence, a trailing off into silence (aposiopesis) (apostrophe and ellipsis mixed). When placed at the end of a sentence, the ellipsis can also inspire a feeling of melancholy longing.

That's pretty much how I use it. I overuse it though. Seriously, I'm really trying to not use it in this post. I've already caught myself doing it. XD

Disclaimer: Personal opinions still not endorsed by Ryojin.

Ḷëģöläš-OLD

You'll never walk alone.

50 XP

18th June 2008

0 Uploads

9,518 Posts

0 Threads

#3 8 years ago

I sometimes do it subliminally. So you should not take much, if any offense to it. People do it all the time without realizing it.

Orchidea

Concentrate on the NOW.

50 XP

18th September 2008

0 Uploads

397 Posts

0 Threads

#4 8 years ago

Age does not necessarily mean you're an adult. Your actions do, and the way you think. im 18 and i dont even dare to think myself as an adult, more like "enough age to end up in bars".

Mastershroom VIP Member

Frag Out!

153,685 XP

18th November 2004

0 Uploads

14,196 Posts

0 Threads

#5 8 years ago

I think you're reading way too much into it. The ellipsis, as Ryojin pointed out, generally indicates a pause or delay in conversation, rather than any particular emotion.

Granyaski VIP Member

High as a kite

107 XP

29th May 2008

0 Uploads

11,881 Posts

1 Threads

#6 8 years ago
Zamamee;5360756I think you're reading way too much into it. The ellipsis, as Ryojin pointed out, generally indicates a pause or delay in conversation, rather than any particular emotion.

exactly. it probably meant nothing

And at that my friend don't TRY to be someone or it will come across annoying.

crisissuit3

We will rule you

101,365 XP

17th August 2007

0 Uploads

9,209 Posts

0 Threads

#7 8 years ago
Granyaski;5360830exactly. it probably meant nothing And at that my friend don't TRY to be someone or it will come across annoying.

We all have that someone we want to be. especially around my age :uhm:

*The.Doctor

Trust me, I'm a Doctor

102,440 XP

25th November 2003

0 Uploads

9,964 Posts

0 Threads

#8 8 years ago
And at that my friend don't TRY to be someone or it will come across annoying.

^ That.

Just be yourself. Don't worry to much about your social status while in school/a teen, it won't mean shit once your out in the real world.

My definition of a "..." is to express annoyance or sarcasm when it cannot be expressed verbally. so say I'm chatting with a friend and they go "Haha..." this bothers me to know end as I wonder "did I actually say something funny, or is the guys being a jerkoff?"

So my question is, what else could a "..." be used for, and how do you use it?

I just use it to end a thought when there is nothing else to say...

^ See. Just like that.

Granyaski VIP Member

High as a kite

107 XP

29th May 2008

0 Uploads

11,881 Posts

1 Threads

#9 8 years ago
crisissuit3;5360865We all have that someone we want to be. especially around my age :uhm:

I know what you mean, I am 17 after all:)

Schofield VIP Member

om :A

319,554 XP

24th October 2007

1 Uploads

30,539 Posts

0 Threads

#10 8 years ago

For me it generally means, "that was dumb", or "what....", just things like that you know? If you take offense to it, well, don't. That someone I want to be is a male model hell bent on re-creating the Russian Revolution in Georgia and France.