DnC

GF's Cognitive Psychologist

50 XP

14th April 2004

0 Uploads

2,668 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

2005 is the warmest year in the Northern hemisphere ever recorded. Since the begginings of recording which was in 1860 or something. Is this global warming? Pure coincidence? Or just a lot of heat has been radiating out of the Middle East lately?

D.Sporky!

God Send Death

50 XP

10th January 2004

0 Uploads

6,981 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Well shit, I'm cold right now... Honestly though, I think it's just coincidence...the temperature will alternate up and down through the years, this one just happened to be high.

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I'm sure some of it has to do with global warming and the amount of carbon dioxide and water vapor in the atmosphere, but I'm also betting a lot of it is just part of the Earth's normal weather cycles. Just think - soon we'll be hitting another ice age. We're due for one.

Amy

Naughty

50 XP

28th October 2004

0 Uploads

3,443 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Well either way, I wish it was warm here right now, its was during our summer, like 90 and up, but here latly it has not gone above 30 and just yesterday into last night it was only 4 or 5 outside with a windchill of about minus 6.. So its cold as heck here right now....

Amy

Naughty

50 XP

28th October 2004

0 Uploads

3,443 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Well either way, I wish it was warm here right now, its was during our summer, like 90 and up, but here latly it has not gone above 30 and just yesterday into last night it was only 4 or 5 outside with a windchill of about minus 6.. So its cold as heck here right now....

Griffin_NL

El-Producto

50 XP

24th July 2005

0 Uploads

2,172 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Ah well, it's sucks. I mean, i was once hoping for a white, white Christmas. But no, (almost) no chance. That's too bad. What's Christmas without snow?

(I know it's still Christmas, but it's just... missing something..)

Its pretty cold though, but not cold enough for ice/snow. That's pure Holland, and it sucks. The summer - warm but not hot. The winter - cold but not cold enough. Well, got to live with it.

Oh, well, it may have to do something with global warming, but i'm not of those guys who are actually concerned about it.

Amy

Naughty

50 XP

28th October 2004

0 Uploads

3,443 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Griffin_NLAh well, it's sucks. I mean, i was once hoping for a white, white Christmas. But no, (almost) no chance. That's too bad. What's Christmas without snow?

(I know it's still Christmas, but it's just... missing something..)

Its pretty cold though, but not cold enough for ice/snow. That's pure Holland, and it sucks. The summer - warm but not hot. The winter - cold but not cold enough. Well, got to live with it.

Oh, well, it may have to do something with global warming, but i'm not of those guys who are actually concerned about it.

Well we have had that here in Ohio USA a few times, Xmas with out snow is a bummer, but I have seen all them shows on the discovery channel and they talk about the same thing Inryi said, We are due for an ice age, kinda like in the movie "The day after tomorrow" and yes Iam a discovery channel geek, theres been more then one show about this on there..

Griffin_NL

El-Producto

50 XP

24th July 2005

0 Uploads

2,172 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago
Inyri ForgeJust think - soon we'll be hitting another ice age. We're due for one.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=AmySue] We are due for an ice age, kinda like in the move "The day after tomorrow"

Well, thats bad!

But also, yay. We will have a white white Christmas once again!

*Soviet.Power

Ex-MøđęRāŧǿr ø₣ Geňęrāł Gāmíňĝ

91,380 XP

31st January 2004

0 Uploads

8,283 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

Well, its been pretty darn cold here the last month, and summer wasn't exactly blistering (not that it ever is really :p). But it hasn't snowed this year. We normally get some snow in the Northwest of England, but not this year. Maybe it is too cold for snow - there has been plenty of frost and ice, but no snow..... :(

I've heard the theory that the Earth's climate is ever so slowly shifting towards an ice age, and I believe it. Though global warming might be warming the Earth faster than the climate shift is cooling it. I wouldn't know though, i'm no weather expert unfortunately.

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago
AmySueWe are due for an ice age, kinda like in the move "The day after tomorrow"

Except that Day after Tomorrow was a total work of fiction :lol:

Though I must admit I found their explanation of why the mammoth froze with food still in its digestrive track very intriguing, to say the least. While I don't think that's what happened, I find it 100% fathomable - it could happen. When I say that I don't mean that one day it might, I mean that it's not out of the realm of possibility, considering all the super-cooled air sitting over the southern hemisphere. Somehow I don't think it's that cold though ;)