rebornintheglory

keyboard warrior

50 XP

20th January 2006

0 Uploads

22,190 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

If it's not already come to your attention: 06/01/2008 - Every significant Internet provider around the globe is currently in talks with access and content providers to transform the internet into a television-like medium: no more freedom, you pay for a small commercial package of sites you can visit and you'll have to pay for seperate subscriptions for every site that's not in the package.

Spoiler: Show
netneutrality.jpg

Sauce

Giz

Massivis Effectivous

116,112 XP

8th May 2002

0 Uploads

9,297 Posts

922 Threads

#2 10 years ago

Heard about it. It won't happen.

btw that group (even though I only watched the first few seconds of the video) are the same people behind the ATHENE crap.

mrste

Life Is Pain

50 XP

7th January 2004

0 Uploads

427 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

Does that include Verizon?

mrste

Life Is Pain

50 XP

7th January 2004

0 Uploads

427 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago
Giz;4375733Heard about it. It won't happen.

That's a fake video then? Impossible to END the internet, if you wanted to end the internet you'd have to destroy every computer in the world.

Ipse

The Great Charm

50 XP

14th April 2007

0 Uploads

5,446 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

That would be hard!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 10 years ago

Oh come on. Never gonna happen. There were dozens of such "predictions" with "evidences" and all turned to nothing.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 10 years ago

Yea... The internet ending is like having every womans boobs just disappear... Sorry I couldn't think up any other example.

Junk angel

Huh, sound?

166,880 XP

29th January 2007

0 Uploads

15,678 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

There was a discussion about this earlier in the pub. The overall consensus was, that it wouldn't happen, starting with the reason that it was not a smart move from providers, as the ones that would attempt to do so would loose their customers quite quickly. Also moving in some larger front wouldn't help either since it might bring them to the attention of anti-monopol agencies.

Not to even mention what large internet companies of the likes like google, yahoo and other would do. Since a large part of their profits is generated by the size of the internet and the amount of adds on it.

Mihail VIP Member

President of Novistrana

50 XP

19th January 2003

0 Uploads

15,509 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago

Your about two-three weeks late, won't happen, A private ISP who would break the so called alliance would make much more money then those who would fall in line.

rebornintheglory

keyboard warrior

50 XP

20th January 2006

0 Uploads

22,190 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago

Ach, I don't keep up with the gossip. : P