Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,508 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,156 Posts

6 Threads

#1 1 week ago

So, anyone aiming to make any changes in 2019? Poorly defined and with questionably motivational backing, that's what we're going for   

I'm going with:

• Exercise at least once a week
  • Smoke less
  • Drink no more than three cups of coffee a day

>_<

So far so good? Six days in. First day of work of the new year is coming up though... not too sure how the idiot-wrangling is going to go without a shit-ton of coffee and smokes. ¬_¬ Maybe we can substitute other habits for it? Like therapeutic murder.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,330 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,446 Posts

2 Threads

#2 1 week ago

I am looking to make a major career change, which also means a major relocation to the other side of the everything.

As for progress, I have enough money saved up, so I could probably make the move now.  However, I want to sell off as much as I can, so I only need to move the absolute minimum amount of stuff.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,649 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,750 Posts

1,754 Threads

#3 1 week ago

Mostly similar things:

Try to drink less

Exercise several times a week

Practice meditation and Zen.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,146 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,009 Posts

6 Threads

#4 1 week ago

More exercise, healthier diet and less coffee. 

I started with the healthier food and it is working ok. I drink the same amount of coffee but with one third of the powder, so I guess that might count.

No luck on the exercise part yet; I have trouble fitting it into my schedule in a way that is repeatable. But this is the most important part.

Also plan to regain some of the motivation I seem to have lost along the way last year. I feel like the lack of exercise and crappy food combined with a lot of stress and overtime has sapped my energy.

Last edited by MrFancypants 1 week ago

JimmyB76 Filer

ST: Bridge Commander Central Forums Admin

30,938 XP

19th March 2003

0 Uploads

2,873 Posts

84 Threads

#5 6 days ago

less beer

less weed

less work

more motivation, less lethargy

more social, less grumpy and cranky

*grumble grumble*

to be fully honest tho, ive been declaring these since like 1998... 

le sigh

this is the year tho!!!  i swear it!

JimmyB76 Filer

30,938 XP

19th March 2003

0 Uploads

2,873 Posts

84 Threads

#6 6 days ago

also, less feeling old lol  :D

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,447 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,656 Posts

779 Threads

#7 5 days ago

You're all doing new year resolutions wrong.

Mine are to drink more, spend more, and swear more. I'm fucking owning it, motherbuggerers.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,508 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,156 Posts

6 Threads

#8 4 days ago

Not sure how the smoking one's going - just quantified on 3 smoke breaks a day so haven't been measuring that so far but back of the hand -ish I think it has been lower.

Coffee is going well - down to three cups a day, experimenting with mixing l-theanine into it. I think what I've got's theanine anyway. I'm not sure how you'd check without a mass spectrometer. It looks right and it dissolves right. Should get myself some ethanol and see if it dissolves in that, (it's not meant to.)

Exercise is also going well - I've settled on doing it in short burst of body weight exercises. Like, how long does it take you to do thirty push ups, thirty sit ups, and a few pull ups? Got some minor gains and certainly feel a bit more comfortable - some of my back pain is gone, so that's nice. Being in pain was getting old.

JimmyB76 Filer

30,938 XP

19th March 2003

0 Uploads

2,873 Posts

84 Threads

#9 2 days ago

Exercise is counterproductive to my lethargy.  I get enough exercise walking to the liquor store.

Actually, I should get more exercise in that way, it is a win/win!  :)