Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

12,091 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

816 Posts

10 Threads

#11 1 month ago

Well, for me it's just a retry of last year in many ways. Not really resolutions, just continuations of previous goals. I am going through a very transitional period in my life career-wise. All my energy has to go into graduating and getting a real job at this point, and I think that is going to happen without too much fuss. But what I'm really hoping to do is to find myself again, if you will. I feel like I've drifted spiritually, emotionally, and physically. The things that used to stimulate me no longer stimulate me in the same way, and I've fallen into various addictions that show how mundane my life is at the moment. Like, if I'm addicted to YouTube and video game streaming, wtf am I doing with my life? And right now I don't really have an answer to that question but I'm looking to find it.

As far as tangible goals go, these are a few: 

• Fully regain health through exercise, diet, and lifestlyle
  • Go outside and explore the country as much as work allows

I take comfort in the fact that just because I have failed repeatedly in the past doesn't mean I have not made incremental changes towards becoming a person that I have a little more respect for.