350 Casualties in Baghdad Today - Worst Since Invasion 49 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#41 13 years ago
Faceless32;3387908Yet again, your wrong. Saddam diddn't just rise to power and tel all the shiates," Hey lets be freinds," and sit down and start having tea parties. He modernized the country; He strengthend and unified tha Ba'ath party. He created a strong stable police force, and began to oversea international oil trade year before the 1973 energy crisis. he created free schiolling up the highest educational levels, earnig him an award from the UNESCO. To further modernize the country and relive their dependence on oil, he created programs which emphazied mining and, creting new roads ad broght electricty to all of Iraqs cities. Just a little history lesson for you.

He also killed over 120,000 people. He even video tape it for his own personal pleasure.

Dot Com

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th June 2000

0 Uploads

6,116 Posts

0 Threads

#42 13 years ago

Faceless32;3387908Yet again, your wrong. Saddam diddn't just rise to power and tel all the shiates," Hey lets be freinds," and sit down and start having tea parties. He modernized the country; He strengthend and unified tha Ba'ath party. He created a strong stable police force, and began to oversea international oil trade year before the 1973 energy crisis. he created free schiolling up the highest educational levels, earnig him an award from the UNESCO. To further modernize the country and relive their dependence on oil, he created programs which emphazied mining and, creting new roads ad broght electricty to all of Iraqs cities. Just a little history lesson for you.[/QUOTE] Saddam also did the following:

Gave lashings and tortured anyone who threatened his power (or questioned his law). Gassed the kurds (with good ole American chemical weapons) Invaded Kuwait

The man isn't all sunshine and farts you know...

[QUOTE=AlDaja;3387881]Numbers…whatever…K, it’s war. People die…Patton said it best – “war is hell”. We can only hope that there is an end in the near future. I suspect when it is over for us and our troops are back at home or redeployed elsewhere as the democrats have been suggesting that the number will climb as their civilization swirls further down and rips itself apart.

There will be no end in future and the road for victory is cracked.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#43 13 years ago
Jeffro;3388027 There will be no end in future and the road for victory is cracked.

Every war has it's end. Just as in Vietnam the military has the capability to end the war. The problem is the politicians have a higher power to answer to, the American people. Just as in Vietnam if anything loses this war it will be public opinion, not the military. As long as the American public are willing to see this through to the end then it is pretty much guaranteed that Iraq will become a stable democracy, same with Afghanistan.

I give it five years at worst. Assuming the both Bush and the next president are intelligent enough not to get involved militarily anywhere else int he world. It could have been over by now if the Iraqi people worked with us instead of against us and one another, and probably would have been over within months if it had been the military doing all the planning instead of the Bush administration.

Yes even though I agree with the war I think Bush and his buddies have done a piss poor job of actually running it.

Roaming East

Ultima ratio regum

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

4,770 Posts

0 Threads

#44 13 years ago

getting fun in here. What do you guys think could have been done earlier in the war to have limited the aggression and conflict currently being seen?

czech speacial forces

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

3rd September 2005

0 Uploads

3,369 Posts

0 Threads

#45 13 years ago
Captain Blade;3387104What about the thousands of people that were tortured and murdered by Saddam before he was in power, hmm? Did you forget about that? Sounds like your trying to say that Bush is a demonic murderer when all he's trying to do is help and defend, when if he didn't make the decision to go into Iraq Saddam would still be mass murdering and torturing hundreds if not thousands of people and still be a threat to the US and the rest of the world with his nukes. (Yeah I know, unconfirmed, but whatever, why would the pres lie? I don't think he would make up that there is nukes just so he can go to war for no reason)

get over it, there are no Iraq nukes. plus he didnt have money for it, he was broke after iran-iraq war, and that is the reason he invaded kuwait. he gassed the kurds with our weapons, we fucken gave him WMDs. the press lied because they got the lie from the government, the bush admin used the CIA, picked and choosed information that supported their agenda. saddam didnt say he had nukes. the second big reason bush says he invaded iraq for is the connection between Saddam and Al-quaida. guess what, like last year there was a CIA report saying there is no connection whatsoever. they infact are enemies, osama is a crazy religeous guy, saddam ist very religeous. osama offered the saudi government to have his arab army push saddam out of kuwait. the saudis refused and istead we (americans) came and did it. Osama saw it as a slap to the face and infidels on holy land. And also your a fucking hipocrit, what about the MILLIONS that die in africa in the past couple of years. why dount we stop the darfur conflict. 300,000 have died. we could easily stop them. just a few thousand marines and no more killing. the sudan army is nothing they have a few jets now real army. But their is no black gold in darfur. just desert. welcome to the world kids, our country does stuff that helps us, selfish stuff. why didnt we stop isreal when it was bombing civilians? we one of three countrys didnt support a immediete cease-fire.

getting fun in here. What do you guys think could have been done earlier in the war to have limited the aggression and conflict currently being seen?

not disband the iraqi army. once they were disbanded they have no source of income and are poorand they know how to do one thing good, fight, so they join the insurgency.

Roaming East

Ultima ratio regum

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

4,770 Posts

0 Threads

#46 13 years ago

Not disagreeing with you Czech but just playing the devils advocate if you will. If we ostensibly invaded this country to 'save' it from its evil rulers, how much confidence could we have inspired in the people we were trying to liberate (Shiites, Kurds) if we had kept the instrument of their oppression, the Iraqi Army, in business? It was well known that the Iraqi Army was one that was primarily staffed with officers and upper cadre who were there through loyalty to the Mustachio'ed One.

I imagine it would have been likened to the US Army, in 1945 allowing the SS to remain organized and allowing them to oversee the safe handling of the liberated camp victims. Letting the Wolf remain in charge of the henhouse so to speak.

Bloodjunky

I'll Swallow Your Soul!!

50 XP

14th November 2006

0 Uploads

57 Posts

0 Threads

#47 13 years ago

Wow That is insane,It's gona get so bad there. Civil War is Gona Happen,I don't think that's unavoidable now. We may end up with Syria,Iran in the mix as well. This Is quickly turning into WW3. I have a LOT of respect for the men and women of the armed forces,but we will lose WW3.

One more thing I'd like to ask is why are we doing what mean and women of Iraq should be doing,we weren't the ones under the rule of a tyrant. It should be Iraqi Boys Not ours.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#48 13 years ago

Bloodjunky;3388971Wow That is insane,It's gona get so bad there. Civil War is Gona Happen,I don't think that's unavoidable now. We may end up with Syria,Iran in the mix as well. This Is quickly turning into WW3. I have a LOT of respect for the men and women of the armed forces,but we will lose WW3.

One more thing I'd like to ask is why are we doing what mean and women of Iraq should be doing,we weren't the ones under the rule of a tyrant. It should be Iraqi Boys Not ours.[/QUOTE]

ahh WWIII they said that about Hezbollah vs Isreal and what did that lead to?

[QUOTE=Roaming East;3388351]Not disagreeing with you Czech but just playing the devils advocate if you will. If we ostensibly invaded this country to 'save' it from its evil rulers, how much confidence could we have inspired in the people we were trying to liberate (Shiites, Kurds) if we had kept the instrument of their oppression, the Iraqi Army, in business? It was well known that the Iraqi Army was one that was primarily staffed with officers and upper cadre who were there through loyalty to the Mustachio'ed One.

I imagine it would have been likened to the US Army, in 1945 allowing the SS to remain organized and allowing them to oversee the safe handling of the liberated camp victims. Letting the Wolf remain in charge of the henhouse so to speak.

The comparison between the SS and the Iraqi army is a bit of a strech perhap the Republican Guard or Fedeyeen would be more apt. The majority of the Iraqi army were average Iraqi Joe's (err insert Arabic name), perhaps some sort of 6 to 12 month paid leave for former Iraqi soldiers and police with the option of entering their respective forces again at the end of the leave. Remeber the majority of Iraqi soldiers were pissed because of the lack of back pay though they did recive some forms of compensation most were unahppy because pay was often untimely and not enough to support them.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#49 13 years ago

"They" in that case were geopolitical pundits. "They" in this case are a bunch of people posting on an internet forum.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#50 13 years ago

Hey I received an email and a link in it, they have great services. They Offer power leveling, rentals, they buy and sell, they can even trade. Check Out oloot.com