NiteStryker

Biggest F-ing A-hole 2010

215,560 XP

24th April 2003

0 Uploads

18,771 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Hey all, got back from Comic Con 2005 and yesterday, and I have pictures plus game info.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: Looks awesome. They had a beta there avialable to play. Due out sometime in fall or holiday season. Gives you the ability to play as jedi. If u have a question ask and I'll try to answer. you also have the ability to have huge capital ship battles. What confused me was the presence of contrails as the ships would get a thruster burn in space.

Star Wars: An Empire Divided: Very sharp looking RTS game. Due spring 2006, I think. Looks like what Force Commander should have been. Didnt really play it cuz the line was about 20 people long.

---

Not many celebrities around this year but there were some legends. Friday, natalie portman was there plugging one of her movies (I was gonna go jus to get some pix but the line was over 4 hours long).

On Saturday, they had clips from the Family Guy DVD movie (hysterical), then they had a panel with Ray Bradbury, Ray Harryhausen, and Forrest J Ackermen. These guys are basicially Sci Fi gods. In face, Forrest coined the term "sci-fi". Seeing them was quite humbling. Also, Ray Bradbury called Micheal Moore a "Lousy bastard", refering to the title rip off from Farhenheit 411. He said that "Politics, rather you are a Democrat, a Republican, an independent, a facsiest, or a communist, have no place in Sci Fi".

Charlieze Theron was there plugging her "Aeon Flux" movie. Got a few pix of her. Matt Groening also came and talked about the simpsons. (I Got to shake his hand that was so cool).

All and all I think there were about 80,000 daily attendees on all 4 days, with about 95,000 on Saturday.

I talked with this guy there for awhile and found out he is actually a professional mod-maker for Half Life 2. Hes made quite a few and is working on a jedi star wars one. Im currently talking with him to get the website address.

Anyway, enough babbeling, here are the pix.

Charlieze Theron: 011_13a.jpg012_12a.jpg

Adult Swim Panel - Seth Green. Hes actually very funny and very witty. 021_3a_794106.jpg

Stan Lee imag0104.jpg

Sci FI Legends (Left to Right: Ray Harryhausen, Ray Bradbury, and Forrest J Ackerman) imag0116.jpg

Simpsons creator Matt Groening, and producer Al Jean imag0120.jpg

West Side of the Convention (double this shot and add half and you have the magnitude of the entire thing) imag0022.jpg

A Tenth of the entire convention imag0028.jpg

Small crowds outside the Convention Center imag0052.jpg

A lego star wars ship from EP 3 .... entirely made from Legos, like 7 feet long imag0045.jpg

Stop the Clone Wars! imag0089.jpg

Me and a Slave Leia (Man I love those costumes...and there is always 1) leia.jpg

NiteStryker

215,560 XP

24th April 2003

0 Uploads

18,771 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Sry 4 double post but I got a few more pictures.

Blank Stare

AE

50 XP

24th July 2004

0 Uploads

4,323 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Slave girl :naughty: Oh, and those lego's look like they took a long time to makeeekx.gif

Deimos

Pierce the Heavens

50 XP

27th January 2003

0 Uploads

9,197 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

I'd have love to met Seth Green and Matt Groening, as well as Stan Lee. Those Legos look awesome. I want one. :)

-Ghost-

Phantom of the Forums

50 XP

19th August 2003

0 Uploads

19,146 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

I was there too, but only on Sunday. I saw some of the same stuff as you, like that Republic Lego Ship. I saw different people though, The Rock, Karl Urban, and the CEO of Id Software for the Doom movie.

GoldenBoy

DuffMan

50 XP

19th October 2004

0 Uploads

37 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

omgg!!!! did you see that lego!!!! its big... man i wish i had a lego like that :p

NiteStryker

215,560 XP

24th April 2003

0 Uploads

18,771 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago
-Ghost-I was there too, but only on Sunday. I saw some of the same stuff as you, like that Republic Lego Ship. I saw different people though, The Rock, Karl Urban, and the CEO of Id Software for the Doom movie.

Aw I didnt kno u went. U shoulda PM'd me and we could say hey lol.

I was gonna see the Rock but I just wanted to walk around the dealer room.

Yea those legos are HUGE. That R2 was like 3 feet tall and the death star was bigger than a basket ball.

-Ghost-

Phantom of the Forums

50 XP

19th August 2003

0 Uploads

19,146 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

It was worth going to the Doom preview, it showed a lot of what the movie is going to be like. It holds pretty well to the dark atmosphere of the games.

Zab

BROtastic

50 XP

30th March 2003

0 Uploads

8,186 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

50 would not approve.