I don't spend enough time here
26th June 2002
Right! I've had enough of posts on this site about problems with installing new ships that they've downloaded. So to lend a helpful hand I've written these instructions to help. If you have any problems you can email me at [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email]
1. Install Bridge Commander game to (C:\Program Files\Activision\Bridge Commander)
2. Install the V1.1 patch
3. Install the Foundation program into the default game direcory
4. Install Bridge Commander Mod Packager
5. Unzip your downloaded ship into a temporary file
6. In the temp file copy the Scripts, Data (and SFX if included) and paste them into the Bridge Commander default directory (C:\Program Files\Activision\Bridge Commander)
7. Run the Bridge Commander Mod Packager.
8. Select Game Tools from the menu at the top of the Mod Packager window
9. Then select the name of the ship you want to import from the list on the right just below the "Menus" and "Checker" buttons. The name of your ship should be something like "Intrepid.py"
10. Then select the species from the drop down menu.
11. Click "Make Plugin" button in the lower right hand side of the window.
12. A message should appear saying "Ship was sucessfully added to the game"
13. Close the Bridge Commander Mod Packager program.
14. Run the Bridge Commander game and follow these instructions carefully. Do NOT run Quick Battle straight away to see if your ship is there.
15. In the Configuration menu (where you go to change controls, screen resolution etc) the menu should look like this... General Sound Graphics Controls Mutators
16. Click on the Mutators button and to the right of the screen there should be the following options... Stock Systems Stock Ships Extra Ships and Mods
17. Select all three of these options so a small yellow circle is next to them.
18. Now you can run Quick Battle and your ships should be there for selection
19. Captain as many ships as you can download. Note you must repeat this procedure each time you import a ship (excluding Step 1):dance: