Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Did they mentioned the 1000th fallen amerincan in your place? They did so here, alhough 1001 had been killed in action by the time the report was made on the 8 (20:00) o'clock news. So I switched to CNN (teletext) but i saw no mentioning there of the 1000th fallen soldier there, the belgian and german news/telext did so though). So is this brushed away or not even told in other countries (not only the USA)? This number does not include the 275 (i forgot the exact number) american (soldiers) who had a fatal accident or commited suicide. A shame though that there has been no report on the 10.000th iraqi that fell, since well more then 10.000 iraqis have been killed. All but 138 of the U.S. deaths came after Bush declared an end to major combat operations May 1, 2003, after Saddam fell! oh and no, this is not an other 'bash bush' thread or somethng, so don't even try...

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,838 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,998 Posts

6 Threads

#2 13 years ago

I also noticed that you are more likely to learn about this kind of thing if you listen to some kind of European news instead of CNN or FOX.

Napalm

Alumni @ Miskatonic University

50 XP

30th January 2004

0 Uploads

1,318 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

I didnt see anything on the BBC either.

DarkstuareZ

KRS ONE - Promise Land

50 XP

29th January 2004

0 Uploads

1,469 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Havn't heard of it.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

It was on local TV news here and was posted as a top headline in Yahoo's news section on the homepage. Some Indiana National Guard unts are serving in Iraq so maybe it was felt to have more relevance here.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

hmm that suprises me then, i would expect that the US news would have told the public about it and commemorate all (american soldiers) who have fallen.

Guess that they are afraid people wil get upset about it? Maybe the left winged channels are afraid to show it sinse it could be considered a weak kick in the republican balls, and that the rigth winged channles don't mention it because they only want to show the 'good' glorified part of the (raqi) war?

Lyon

90% sarcastic

50 XP

9th July 2003

0 Uploads

6,161 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

Well yeah but there's nothing wrong with looking at the posative side of the war. All people wanna know is what bad things that have happened.

Anyway it IS sad to hear about the soldiers..

Revenge VIP Member

Shizzle my nizzle

117,165 XP

28th July 2004

0 Uploads

10,354 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

I thought the 1000th American had fallen a while ago. Maybe they meant out of the entire Coalition. Well they havn't mentioned anything on BBC News 24 in the UK, but I havn't been watching much recently.

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,515 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#9 13 years ago
Großadmiral Dönitzhmm that suprises me then, i would expect that the US news would have told the public about it and commemorate all (american soldiers) who have fallen. Guess that they are afraid people wil get upset about it? Maybe the left winged channels are afraid to show it sinse it could be considered a weak kick in the republican balls, and that the rigth winged channles don't mention it because they only want to show the 'good' glorified part of the (raqi) war?

Yes, they don't want another Vietnam on their hands. Seeing the death toll really starts to make people think. :vikki: I'd move out of the country but that's not very practical. :uhm:

Mihail VIP Member

President of Novistrana

50 XP

19th January 2003

0 Uploads

15,509 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

I heard quite awhile ago, but was more stunning was when the report of how many iraqi's were killed during the war.